FEELER: 2003 Torch Red Mach 1

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
I thought I would float this out there, just to see what kind of serious interest there might be. I'm thinking of selling my Mach 1, but I don't plan on giving it away!

The car cost just shy of $29k when I ordered it in 2002. It has been officially certified by Ford as being the 92nd Mustang Mach 1 built for 2003, and it was the very first one sold in the State of Delaware. It has been modified over the years, and it was extensively modified in November-December 2008.

It was a daily driver for about the first six years, but it was always garage kept, well maintained, and cleaned on a weekly basis. The chassis and transmission have about 68k miles on them, but most everything else, including the motor, fuel system, driveshaft, and rear end, axles and brakes have just over 5k miles. Most of the original stock parts are gone, so there is really no going back at this point.

I have all the original invoices for the 2008 build, showing the items purchased, cost of the part, and cost to install. All parts were purchased, and all installation work was done by Tillman Speed in Aston, Pa., as well as the tuning by Chris Rose after the build. The total cost of that build was $31,000.00. All parts used in the build are top tier aftermarket performance parts, or Ford Racing parts. There ain't no junk here!

To be totally honest, the car isn't perfect. It has numerous paint blemishes from it's life as a daily driver. The windshield is pitted, no cracks, just pitted. The driver's seat door side bolster is toast. Most of the foam has disintegrated, and the fake leather is all wrinkled up. It's in need of a front end alignment, and the Kenne Bell blower should be rebuilt to replace seals and the front coupler.

None of these things makes the car not drivable. I wouldn't hesitate to jump in it and drive to Florida and back right now. The car has a valid Delaware registration/inspection sticker good until March of 2012. I would also include the SCT Xcal 3 handheld tuner that contains the Tillman Dyno tune, as well as an emissions tune that calibrates the OBDII monitors for state emissions testing.

Like I said at the beginning, I'm just looking to see if any serious interest would be generated, and I refuse to give the car away. I will keep it before that will happen. I don't want to dicker, bicker, trade, or take your first born! What I will take is a certified or cashiers check, money order, or cash in the amount of $23,500.00.

Garage_0008.JPG

Garage_0010.JPG

Garage_0012.JPG

MachEngineBay_0003.JPG

2003 Torch Red Ford Mustang Mach 1

PERFORMANCE MODS
Ford Racing 4.6L Aluminator Long Block
03/04 Cobra heads and cams
Fully Forged Internals, Manley Rods and Mahle Pistons, 8.5:1CR
Kenne Bell 2.1 twin screw, intercooled supercharger, 16psi of Boost
Innovators West Modular Motor 10% Overdrive SFI Approved Harmonic Balancer
Gates Drive-align Tensioner Assembly
Kooks Long Tube 1 3/4" x 3" Headers
Kooks 3" High Flow Catted X-Pipe w/2.5" Outlet
Flowmaster 2.5" Catback and Super 44 Mufflers w/3" Chrome Tips
Accufab Polished Monoblade Throttle Body Assembly For 03/04 Cobra
Steeda Oil Seperator
UPR Billet Oil Catch Can
SCT 3000 Big Air 90mm MAF Meter w/Billet Housing
JLT 12" High Boost Cold Air Induction Assembly in Torch Red
Sieman Deka 60lb. High Imp. Injectors
Fore Precision Billet Fuel Rails
Dual Ford GT Fuel Pump System w/Fuel Filter Upgrade & Additional FPDM Wiring Upgrade
Fore Precision Billet Fuel Pump Hat
Ford Racing 3.73 Ring and Pinion gears
Eaton Detroit True-Trac 8.8" 31 Spline Limited Slip Differential
Moser 31 Spline Hardened C-Clip Axles
SPEC Stage 2+ Clutch Kit
SPEC Lightweight Steel Flywheel Assembly
Steeda Firewall Clutch Adjuster and Billet Aluminum Quadrant
Steeda Full Length Welded Subframe Connectors
Steeda Bump Steer Kit
Steeda Steel Upper/Lower Control Arms
MRT Street Performance Springs 1" Drop
Ford Racing Aluminum Driveshaft
BAER Decelarotors Cross-Drilled/Slotted Rotors/Hawk Ceramic Brake Pads
Wheel Replicas Silver FR500 Wheels, 17"x9" Fronts, 17"x10.5" Rears
Sumitomo HTRZ 275/40/17 Front Tires, Mickey Thompson ET Streets 315/35/17 Rear Tires
Hurst Billet-Plus/Chrome Handled Competition Plus Shifter w/White Ball Handle
MMR Rear Seat Delete Kit
MRT Interceptor Instrument Cluster
Autometer Cobalt Gauges
Autometer Dual Gauge Instrument Bezel
Speed-of-Sound Dual Gauge A-pillar gauge pod

APPEARANCE MODS
CobraJet Shaker Emblems
MRT Hood Struts
Ford Racing Chrome Plated Stainless Steel Hood Pins w/Hair Pin Style Clips
Ford Racing Chrome Coil Covers
Black Reflective Bumper Inserts
4.6 Supercharged Fender Badges
Visus Rear Window Louvers
Web Electric Sequential Turn Signals
Custom "Midnight Mustangs" Third Brake Light Overlay
Ford Racing Shoulder Belt Pads
Custom Mach 1 Owner Tags
Custom Mach 1 Floor Mats

LaserRed38

HOONIGT
Established Member
Hey bud. Nice car. Out of my budget, but mostly what I would eventually want to do to a Mach if I owned one. Any interior shots though? Just a suggestion, but a new windshield is $200, lifetime warranty (on the VIN) alignment from a Firestone shop is $120. I'd at least do those before selling. Also, why would the SC need to be rebuilt? I'm not trying to bust your balls, but if I could possibly extend my budget to a sale price closer to your asking price, I'd actually be interested, but hear questions would also help other potential buyers out. Thanks for your time ;)

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
Hey bud. Nice car. Out of my budget, but mostly what I would eventually want to do to a Mach if I owned one. Any interior shots though? Just a suggestion, but a new windshield is $200, lifetime warranty (on the VIN) alignment from a Firestone shop is $120. I'd at least do those before selling. Also, why would the SC need to be rebuilt? I'm not trying to bust your balls, but if I could possibly extend my budget to a sale price closer to your asking price, I'd actually be interested, but hear questions would also help other potential buyers out. Thanks for your time ;)

I really don't have any full interior shots of the car. Other than the drivers seat being in bad shape, and the back seat being removed, it's in nice shape. I'm trying to work out a deal right now for two front seats on another forum. If I can swing that, the drivers seat will be replaced with one that is almost like new.

IMG_0926.jpg

Hurst_01.JPG

Hurst_02.JPG

My custom one-of-a-kind aluminum rear seat delete
CustomAluminumRSD.jpg

I don't believe either one of those things (windshield & alignment) would be a deal breaker, since they aren't affecting the driveablility of the car right at the moment. My experiences with windshield replacements over the years has not been good, so I don't want to take a chance on water leakage at this point.

The blower, at one point early on, had too much oil in it due to the dipstick not being accurate, actually, it was broken, the blower got too hot, and melted the plastic coupler at the snout. Other than making a racket at idle, it hasn't affected the performance any, and it maintains a constant 16lbs. of boost across the power band. Since it does need the coupler replaced, I would also replace the seals at the same time.

dwtjr3

Established Member
i saw the tillman sticker im getting my car tuned there how did you ike it?

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
i saw the tillman sticker im getting my car tuned there how did you ike it?
Tillmans did the entire build, from motor transplant to final tuning. They did a good job. Chris Rose does their tuning, and he knows his stuff, and if he has a problem, he has plenty of "go-to people" that are just a phone call away.

99Snaker

Resident Coffee Addict
Established Member
You that is a MMR rear seat delete kit? I've seen one near-identical if not identical to yours before, but for the life of me can't find anything remotely that good looking online, anywhere.

Sorry to interrupt; looks like more than a stout Mach ~ good luck with the sale!

TR03Mach1

Black Snake
Established Member
You that is a MMR rear seat delete kit? I've seen one near-identical if not identical to yours before, but for the life of me can't find anything remotely that good looking online, anywhere.

Sorry to interrupt; looks like more than a stout Mach ~ good luck with the sale!
Umm, I never updated the mod list to reflect the fact that I broke the MMR Rear Seat delete, which was one of those fiberboard-covered-with carpet jobs! I purchased the current all billet aluminum RSD off ebay this past summer. Only one copy of it was made, so it's very unique!

Thanks for the props on the car! I'm going to really hate taking the hit when I trade it in for a new Shelby GT500 in a few weeks. :cryying: I was hoping I could get a little more out of it, but I guess somebody will get a bargain price on it when it's on the dealers lot.

Users who are viewing this thread