Feeler: 1988 Mustang GT

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
FS: 1988 Mustang GT

Update----Price $2500

This is a very clean car on the inside and good shape on the outside for being 21 years old.

Original 302 Motor
Mileage 178K--Upgraded head gaskets installed with new heads and compression check was great along the board.

It had speed density when I bought it 10 years ago, but within 6 months I bought the kit and converted it to mass air.

I'll try to list whats been done:
Edelbrock Performer Intake
BBK Cold Air Intake with K&N filter
70mm BBK Throttle Body
73mm C&L Mass Air--Calibrated for 30lb injectors
Ford Racing 30lb/hr injectors
255lph In tank fuel pump
Heads off '70 Mach 1, 351--valve job, port and polish
1.6 Stud mount roller rockers
Crane 2031 Cam
Crane HI6S Ignition--with adjustable rev limiter
New Distributor w/ Ford Motorsport plug wires
Underdrive Pulleys
Electric Fan
BBK Shorty Headers
BBK 2.5" Offroad X pipe
1 Chamber Flowmasters w/ dumps
King Cobra Clutch
Heavy Duty T5--20k miles
Pro 5.0 shifter
Aluminum Driveshaft
Sub frame connectors
Lakewood Drag Shocks in back
Ford Racing 3.73 gears
Weld Draglites--225's up front 275's out back
LX tail lights

The only interior mods are a flip switch near the shifter for the rev limiter, and the monster tach beside the gauge cluster. I added it because the stock tach quit working along with the gas gauge--all other gauges work. Some would say the paint looks decent but I think it looks very good for a 20 year old car. Has the normal small paint chips in the hood and slight fading on the trim pieces and around the windshield and back glass. All glass is in great shape with no chips or cracks. The door lock actuators will need to be replaced. I think that just about sums it up, please let me know what you guys think. Normal wear and tear for the mileage. Thanks for your time.

P1000277.gif

P1000281.gif

P1000282.gif

P1000421.gif

Ignore the dust, car has been sitting in storage for a while.

Last edited:

blackvenom97

Established Member
interested

do want :) very far away though do you think that the car would be driveable the 1,xxx back home if i flew out to get it?

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
It is very driveable. It is also very dependable and I would not second guess it to drive to the west coast and back, with only an oil change in between.

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
The car is located in eastern nc. About 2 hours northeast of Raleigh and 10 miles from the VA boarder, directly south of Franklin/Suffolk VA.

stangman2880

Established Member
very interested in the car. I'm also in NC, email if still have it if other guy doesn't want it. [email protected]. my ebay seller name is 6stangs93, feel free check me out i'm not just a tire kicker, Thanks

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member
Email sent to you sir. Car is still for sale. Going to be taking some more pictures at the end of the week, if any pictures are wanted by anyone else, just chime in.

stangman2880

Established Member
It is very driveable. It is also very dependable and I would not second guess it to drive to the west coast and back, with only an oil change in between.

HI all, I bought the car and guess what, made it 10 miles maybe, temp run up to 260, because water pump is out, which temp jumped because they was no water in nothing... but it never leaked! Oh and the gas feeler tube runs into the tank, doesn't leak, it pours if put over half a tank. so with broke gas gauge and leaking feeler tube makes for a wonder west coast and back trip, :burn: not to mention door handle was broke which wasn't mentioned untill i drove or had someone bring over 300 miles to buy it.... missing all ac components, cut the lines off, not just disconnected them. small stuff, but you would think when a man mentions the above what i quoted, my 353 mile trip back would have been very easy! well we can see how that went!!

easiest way of putting it, don't never take any ones word on nothing! and def DO NOT trust this guy, $3k for the car, $300 to get it home cause wouldn't make it 353 miles, barely made it 10 miles! yup dude your honest alright! :bs:

so what other forums do you post on? i'd just like to take the time and make sure you don't bs anyone else! it's all good though, what ever makes you sleep better :beer:

95 SC Cobra

Established Member
HI all, I bought the car and guess what, made it 10 miles maybe, temp run up to 260, because water pump is out, which temp jumped because they was no water in nothing... but it never leaked! Oh and the gas feeler tube runs into the tank, doesn't leak, it pours if put over half a tank. so with broke gas gauge and leaking feeler tube makes for a wonder west coast and back trip, :burn: not to mention door handle was broke which wasn't mentioned untill i drove or had someone bring over 300 miles to buy it.... missing all ac components, cut the lines off, not just disconnected them. small stuff, but you would think when a man mentions the above what i quoted, my 353 mile trip back would have been very easy! well we can see how that went!!

easiest way of putting it, don't never take any ones word on nothing! and def DO NOT trust this guy, $3k for the car, $300 to get it home cause wouldn't make it 353 miles, barely made it 10 miles! yup dude your honest alright! :bs:

so what other forums do you post on? i'd just like to take the time and make sure you don't bs anyone else! it's all good though, what ever makes you sleep better :beer:

I feel bad for u bro. I was also considering buying this car... Guess that would have been a very bad decision. Good luck with getting everything back in working condition on the car.
:beer:

Screamin_Heaton

At war with STALL issue
Established Member

Selling the car to this guy has been a complete nightmare. Plus the fact that the internet makes it a big pissing match based on the he said this, but I said that.
Numerous emails were exchanged about the condition of the car. The car was 100% normally operating when he picked it up. The door handle and the AC were the only two things I forgot to mention to him, which he noticed before he gave me any money for the car.
Car was not test driven before he paid me cash for it. Car was started up and run for several minutes, but not driven down the road. HIS choice to not drive it. That being said, I do feel bad that he ran into problems.
He even called me and told me of these, I then told him to bring the car back. He could have kept the car there and fixed the $30 pump, or reworked a deal with me if it was that big of an issue or anything else.
He then proceeded to tell me he was on the way and then go in the opposite direction back to his residence. I was more than willing to renegociate something or help him out in a reasonable way so he could go about this way. He chose not to and risk driving it back so he could then get back on the internet and complain.
If anything was not as described to him, it was made clear to him before he purchased the car from me. I told him it was drivable and was dependable to the extent of my knowledge, I never experienced the problems he stated. I mean if I was to drive the car for a few miles every day before he picks it up, and not see, feel, hear, or know of anything wrong with the car, and he picks it up and drives 20 miles away (not sure of how he drove the car once it's gone) and a rod flies through the side of the block, I mean who is the bad person there?

1) I described the car the best of my knowledge
2) Car was in perfect operating shape the last time I drove it (a few hours before he got there) - the included issues I clearly stated to him in email
3) Car was bought without even giving it a test drive
4) Made effort to help in the situation after the car was driven down the road by him, in which he waived my option by not contacting me further
5) Car was sold as is, with no warranty, signed, dated, and timed.
6) Finally it's basically a game of trying to trust someone's word on what really happened, when they proceed to ride down with a group of friends to pick up the car, arrive close to 8pm in total darkness, then additional problems are pointed out, proceeds to pay in cash, sign bill of sale and title over without test driving the car, then proceeds to put non-legal tags on it to drive out to the beach, then a few days later back to his residence 300 or so miles away.
7) Had ample time to test drive or to come another day and look at the car. I was not pressed for time or did not pressure him into any deal. He was more than willing to walk around the car, inspect the inside, start it up, and just hand me cash. If an issue came up during a test drive and you happen to not want the car, then no big deal, walk away

I have had to go through several emails of him acting like a child about this situation. For the life of me I cannot get it across to him to just talk sensibly about the issues and we could have worked out a deal, even right after all this happened. I have even tried to clear up a simple problem such as him having a problem that it has a 180 degree thermostat instead of a 195. I try and a try to be civil and listen to him and make an effort to try to resolve some issues but nothing seems to get across. What more can I do? It's seriously hard to deal with immaturity in a business deal.

It's pretty easy to go on the internet, to a forum, and try to flame someone with a one sided story isn't it?

stangman2880

Established Member
yup, like i said never take someones word for it, my ebay account proves who i am! the beach yes, because he states it make a trip to west coast and back! did he not comprehend the part i made it 10 miles from where he lived and had have buddy with roll back come get it! so i didn't take a beach trip! yeah i have your emails which proves how much you lie, simple as that! if i need take this to smack down and prove exactly what you told me, fine with me. car is fixed now, but you missed the main point, i made it maybe 10 miles and i was over 300 miles from home didn't have no tool's and knew nothing about the area. you didn't offer nothing to help or anything else. so like i said what ever makes you sleep better.

Users who are viewing this thread