*Feeler* 18x9 & 18x10 True Forged Mach 5's 2 piece anthracite

OsirisGT

Established Member
Hey guys I just ordered the 2010 wheels for my 2007. I am looking to get some money for my True Forged 2 piece Mach 5's. They have the powder coated anthracite centers and polished lips. They have black Shelby GT500 center caps with snakes on them. I also have a set of polished center caps with SVT etched in them. They have about 6000 miles on them and are in really good shape still, no rash or chips. I am in San Diego and I can't tell you how awesome it would be not to have to deal with shipping these :eek:) I paid 800 a wheel and 50 per center cap. Would 2k plus shipping be a good deal? Would they go for more? less?

Shawn

*EDIT* - my machine with all of my pix on it took a pooper and these are right off of the TF website...

tf4.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tf3b.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tf5.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tf2k.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

tf1.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

OsirisGT

Established Member
Have not been to a dyno yet. The tune is safe right now. At WOT it drops to 10.0. I need to data log it and send the tune to Lund to dial it in. I'd guess low 600's right now compared to how it felt with the JLT intake and 2.6 pulley. That set up was about 530.

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
I have got to say that the new wheels look a shitload better then the TFs did on your car nice upgrade (for a downgrade?) LOL!

OsirisGT

Established Member
The two piece are not as lite as you would hope. Two piece have the center spoke welded to the wheel. I don't remember exactly but they were like 26 pounds. I would think anyone who got these would just want the look, not weight savings.

PistolWhip

Resident Man Dime
Established Member
I think you might be a little high on the price. I'm not saying this to bash you, but just as a little friendly advice. I am a True Forged WHORE and have had not only two sets of Steve's wheels, but also EVERYTHING else he makes and know first hand the quality of the product. Not just because he's a friend of mine, but because his products are TOP NOTCH.
That being said, I sold my 18" Chicanes (which are a little more of a popular design) for $2400 with BFG KDWS and BFG DR's. Wheels are a tuff resell, as specially one's that are as expensive as True Forgeds. Most that have the money to buy them, would rather spend the extra coin for a brand new set made up to their spec. Just my two cents, but if you want more traffic on these, you may want to lower your asking price just a tad. Don't give them away by any means, but maybe $1800 or so would get them more noticed.

Users who are viewing this thread