Feeler: 01 Lightning

jakhammer

Established Member
The feeler is to see what everyone thinks would be a good price and to guage interest on the possible sale of my L.

What I have is an 01 Lightning, Red, #2458 of 6381
12.68 @ 108.88 is the best time it has put down in the 1/4 and pulls 1.9x 60'. Normally runs 12.72-12.74 in decent air with Slicks, but has run a 12.74 on regular street tires in REALLY good air. 68,000 on the odometer (slightly less, but lets say 68k)

Mods:
JLP Forced Air Indutcion air filter kit, Billet Flow TB, Magnaflow X-Pipe w/Single chamber Flowmasters, FTVB, 4X4 trans pan with drain plug, JLP #4 lower, Stieg stage 4 Eaton port, PSP Tune (predator), Denso IT22s, Drop Shackles, JLP Traction bars, Rotor Pros slotted and dimpled rotors, Hawk HPS pads, Accel Super Coils, Sylvania Silver Star Head and Fog Lights, Street Scene roll pan and smoothed bed steps, Kenwood Excellon head unit, Infinity Kappa doors, Infinity Reference cab corners, Kenwood 300watt rms amp, and a Polk 12 in a Q logic truck box. SCT MAF and C&L Intake Tube come with the truck, but are not installed. It will also come with the Diablo Predator tuner with the stock tune on it. The truck has roughly 68k on it. The motor is stock and other than the factory tech valve body and 4x4 filter/trans pan, the trans is stock. The only option the truck had was the bed liner from Ford. I have the stock head unit as well and the 6 disc cd changer is still in the truck, just not used. I also have the plastic box the goes behind the seat, but its not in due to having the sub behind the driver seat. As of right now, the rear plate lights and the trailer plug are zip tied under the truck due to the roll pan and the hitch has been removed since it did not work with the roll pan. However, I do have the Street Scene hitch system that works with the roll pan as well as the flip plate holder so all can be used. I have not gotten around to putting in new plate lights and do not have the parts to do it. I have multiple dyno runs on the truck and the last 2 dynos were 2yrs apart on 2 different Dynojets. First was 417rwhp/496 rwtq and 2yrs later it put down 416/491. It runs well and uses a safe street tune, even on the track. I am the second owner, bought the truck with 20,000 and some change on the clock in 2003.

I have had some body work done, mostly paint work. 3yrs ago my dog jumped on the doors trying to get into it so both doors have been repainted. 2yrs ago when I did the roll pan I had the front bumper cover repainted and the box sides touched up. Last yr I hit a dear (20mph) and took out the head light surround, passenger side head light, side light, upper and lower grills, and spidered the paint on the bumper cover. All was fixed. In August I took a small bit of the paint off the bottom of the bumper cover on a freaking rock. To my knowledge this is the only area of the truck that has any major paint defects. Interior is in good shape, but the drivers seat has wear marks on the outside bolsters (see the pics). Other than that the Interior is good, just needs a detailing which I plan to do when the weather gets a bit nicer. The exterior was detailed last year and while inst perfect, its better than most 01s running around. Only a few mirco swirls left in the paint.

As for oil changes, plug changes, etc... Oil changes where done with Valvoline 5w-20 (recommended weight) every 3000-3500 miles. Plugs were changed roughly 2000 miles ago as were the coils. Trans fluid has roughly 30,000 miles on it and is still pink and does not smell burnt. Fuel filter has been changed every 10,000-12,000 miles and should be changed this spring, but only has maybe 6000 mile on it. Air Filter gets cleaned every spring when it comes out to play, and it needs it this spring too.

Everything in the truck works. A/C is cold. The heat is hot. All the lights are working and the driving lights have no cracks in the lenses (replaced them the second yr I had the truck and dont use them so they dont crack). I polished the drivers side head light since it was begining to yellow. I wont blow sunshine up anyinesr butt and tell them its showroom quality, but it is in great shape. It does need tires, but I planned on replacing all of them before I sold it. The reason I want to get rid of it is that I dont appreciate it like I used to. I barely drive it anymore putting only 4000 miles on it over the last 2yrs. I bought a Cadillac CTS 3yrs ago and like how it drives and handles much more.

NADA says retail is $14,500 KBB says $14,700

I was thinking about pricing it at $15,500 or best. Let me know what you all think.

On With the pics:

0319111338b.jpg

0319111339.jpg

0319111339a.jpg

0319111339b.jpg

0319111340.jpg

0319111340a.jpg

Wear on the drivers side mid bolster
0319111338.jpg

Wear on the drivers side lower bolster
0319111337.jpg

Last edited:

ford7700

Established Member
2003 f350 6.0l Black
8 inch lift (no blocks all leaf)
w/ 35s on 17inch polished rims
superchips tune
4inch downpipe 6 inch dual chrome aussies
8k hids
20% tint all around
black tool box

7742796894 trade let me know

jakhammer

Established Member
not interested in trades. I want the cash for other toys.

nobody has any input on whether this is a good price to start at?

jakhammer

Established Member
68k on the clock

michigan seems to have high prices on all things performance. 13.5k is what kbb says i should get selling it myself. but since im not a dealership the mods are gonna cost money. I know the price I am willing to take for it, I need a good starting point. 15,500 might be a touch high, but I want to have room to deal with people and not be at the min price i will take for it to start.

Users who are viewing this thread