Feel like watching something unbelievable?

Starfox07

Formerly XR4turbo
Established Member
Try to keep in mind this is entirely CGI:

[ame=http://vimeo.com/7809605?hd=1]The Third & The Seventh on Vimeo[/ame]

During the first part I thought it would just be a bit of 'showing off' of the creators with the close-ups on the various objects and textures. But it is so much more than that. One of the better things I've seen on the internet, ever.

Pete's 03

Where's my eating helmet?
Established Member
Call me an idiot but what exactly is CGI?? Is that what is supposed to make this better than someone that simply has a keen sense of filming architecture??

Common

Established Member
Call me an idiot but what exactly is CGI?? Is that what is supposed to make this better than someone that simply has a keen sense of filming architecture??

Computer generated imagery. None of the things you saw are real. It is computer generated, thus making it pretty kick ass.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member

the entire vid is computer generated.

really the only thing stopping us from full length CGI movies of that detail is the amount of time it takes to build those CGI objects in that vivid detail and realism.

If i was an actor, id start to get worried about the necessity of my job in a industry thats more and more becoming CGI every year. Hell even most normal movies have quite a bit of CGI blue screen, since its cheaper to film behind a blue-screen than on-location with the entire crew, catering the events, etc.

SaleenSR

Established Member
That persons commitment is unbelievable. It looks like he is using 3dmax for the CGI. That program costs 4k!!! It is so hard to comprehend that video is entirely CGI,but it is.:eek:

blkGT500nCA

Established Member
That persons commitment is unbelievable. It looks like he is using 3dmax for the CGI. That program costs 4k!!! It is so hard to comprehend that video is entirely CGI,but it is.:eek:

+1 I have Maxon Cinema 4d and it is retarded what it can do. I think you need a PhD to operate it though.

NewKid

Aliens
Established Member
I couldn't finish it. It looked amazing, and the closest thing to "real" I've ever seen, however when every shot is changing the focus to something in the background my head starts to hurt.

Again, amazing stuff, but I would have enjoyed it much more if the video had longer shots with less movement and less focus changes so you could actually appreciate what was done.

wvmystichrome

Established Member
That is truly amazing that the video is all computer generated. Everything looks so real and life like that it is scary. WOW!!

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
It's crazy, totally unreal. As i'm sure it's easier to manipulate objects sitting still, it's scary how close to realistic the eye perceives it.

When they can emulate voice frequency and sounds/speach, actors will be obsolete in the future.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Am I missing a plug-in or something? All I see is the word "Vimeo" with wings or something behind it going back and forth. I clicked on the header as well and it goes to their site but nothing was available to play for me there either.

Thanks for any info.

brentman2007

Established Member
Oh Great now i cant believe anything I see unless I see it in person :dw::D....Thanks a lot my conspiracy/ paranoia level just went up a few Notches ....

The good News...... Video games are gonna look kick ass in the coming years lol

CGI hot chicks In 3D!!! LOL Cant wait :lol1:

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Am I missing a plug-in or something? All I see is the word "Vimeo" with wings or something behind it going back and forth. I clicked on the header as well and it goes to their site but nothing was available to play for me there either.

Thanks for any info.

That was the video, awesome wasn't it! It was so real that you thought you were supposed to see a video when you weren't!

musclefan21

Established Member
wow! this was indeed unbelievable! i would love a video game that realistic. it would be badass!

Users who are viewing this thread