Feel free to talk me out of this tune.

old_goat

Established Member
Before we get started, I know this is a Shaun/AED site, however since I don't have a SCT tuner, the cost for his tune is $650, which is too much at this point in time. So, my first choice has moved on. Had it been just a $250 charge to update my own SCT, then he would have my money Monday.

I was also thinking BAMA, however on the AM tuner, because of the #8 warranty, there are no options, including tire size. Even though I'm a newbie, I know enough to know I want to be able to enter a few options. According to this Ford Mustang Forums - View Single Post - Bama tunes no longer have any modifiable parameters? , the options are locked out.

This brings me to Steeda, which is now moved up to the first position.

So, instead of people telling me to do business with Shaun, which I probably will do in a year or so when I get long tubes and a torque converter, I want to get more or less of a 'starter' tune.

Can anybody give me an absolute reason not to buy the Steeda?

Car.........2013 auto Mustang. Everything stock except Steeda LCA and GT 500 mufflers.

Immediate mods to come within the next week.

cat delete

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS+Performan...30580/10002/-1

drag radials and rims

http://www.americanmuscle.com/black-....html#shop-by1

http://www.americanmuscle.com/nitto-...275-40-17.html

So the tune would need to include all of this.

Any suggests or hints (except for the rims and tires as this thread is about a tune and I don't want to get off track telling me to get other rims/tires) appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

five0three

big deal
Established Member
Every part i'v bought has been absolutely top notch. I cant imagine they would risk that reputation with shitty tunes...

scotmach

Established Member
I think Steeda would be a good choice however why not consider VMP especially since you have an auto? I love my VMP tune and I've never heard anyone say anything bad about his tunes.

5bites

Established Member
Steeda is a good solid tune. It just doesn't make the power of aed though. I'd go with vmp if you want a good power making tune on a budget.

Though I say ultimately go aed. I've tried several tuners and he's the best. The other where disappointing from either being straight full of crap or simply not making the car function right. I guess that goes hand and hand. Steeda is still good though but again your car will be faster and just as safe with aed.

4VFTW

Established Member
did Steeda say they would leave the options unlocked? Most tuners dont really want you messing with the options because in all honesty it will probably do nothing but cause you and your tuner headaches. if you need something adjusted just have them update your tune. In my experience BBR will leave the options unlocked if you ask Chris , but there really isint much worth adjusting to be honest. even with an Auto if you play with the shift points you will spend more time chasing your tail then if you just called them and had them adjust it for you.

Deranged2013

Established Member
Steeda does have a good reputation for putting out safe reliable tunes. I would research some of the other tuners though. VMP, Lund, etc. Make sure it is someone that has great customer service, one you can get in touch with and doesn't take 2 or 3 days to respond to your emails or phone calls. This is one of the reasons Shaun is top notch. If you have an issue or a question, he will respond asap.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
so how are you gonna tune without an Xcal 3? since must of the tuners you named use SCT.

robb15033

Established Member
Go Steeda. A dyno tune will do you best, even if it means driving a long distance to get the best tuner tech in area. I have always read great things about Steeda'a tunes. Both in magazines and on forums, if that's worth anything.
This area is very expensive for everything and a dyno tune with hand-held tuner (including 3 different tunes programed in) is $500.00. Any tune needed if you already own a SCT X-Cal is $100.00.

acrbill

Established Member
I recommend the Bama tunes for life deal. That way you will always have something to fall back on when you need to retune for new parts. Their turnaround is a day or two as well.

CruuzRR

Established Member
I'm using Bama on the diablo and it much more refined than the canned intunes. I only went diablo because of the lack of footprint and #8 deal. Funny thing is I'm not locked out of my basic adjustment such as tire size ect. However I didn't try modifying the tunes, might not of worked Dispite not being locked out. Not to worried because if I make a change to my car I believe they are quick enough. I got my tunes in less than 12 hours from the time I listed my info online. Pleased with the Bama tune however I do understand Lund and AED are superior tunes. I need to get back to the track and see what the gains are with the Bama tunes and use my new gopro. Btw the iPod and android gopro app rocks, no need for the expensive remote.

Last edited:

slagburn

SVT Crazy Poster
Established Member
A tune doesn't need to be done on a dyno with these cars.. not for street drivability anyway. There's enough logging capability to get everything fully dialed in remotely.
No matter who you go with, pay the little extra to send in multiple logs and get the tune refined, it's worth it.

If you've got a high power car, finish it up with some wot time on the dyno as the street gets a bit sketchy.

scotmach

Established Member
I recommend the Bama tunes for life deal. That way you will always have something to fall back on when you need to retune for new parts. Their turnaround is a day or two as well.

Most of the big name tuners will do free revisions on tunes. Not just Bama.

Users who are viewing this thread