Feedback on the H&R spacer.

KOOY

Established Member
It's been quite awhile since some people here installed the HR spacer on the 03s' stock rims to match the rear fender. And some others used the spacer for clearance issues. So, I guess it is time to let us know how you feel about the spacers. Both negative and positive oponions are welcome. Weak link or Not? Pour out your thought.

grnenvy

Established Member
There are know negative ways they work awesome I was first guy to put them on a 03 cobra over a year and a half ago. The one inch spacer on a stock wheel is what you want.

Wightmn

Established Member
Grnenvy, I completely agree. I was concerned at first, but they have performed well. The 1" spacers on stock rims make the rear look similar to the front. It should have come from the factory this way.

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Absolutely! My car looked kinda whack till i brought the rear tires to the fender. I'm using a one inch on the rears only. Mine are not H&R's though...They're a 1" Billet Aluminum spacer from mustangwarehouse.com They fit well and are of high quality- $40 or 50 less than the H&R's too.

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Any pictures?
Ok, click on my "www" button on the bottom bar. The bottom 3 pics show the spacers effect the best. Lemme know whatcha think.

JDV

Rsrved 4 sumthin clever
Established Member
I love mine. No issues with them at all. They look great.

wheels.jpg

mike79

Evvverrrlonngg
Established Member
Looks really good! Any rubbing issues with the fender at all?

Also, are there any draw backs to using a spacer?

Last edited:

RedSquad7

E.D.209
Established Member
Originally posted by mike79
Looks really good! Any rubbing issues with the fender at all?

Also, are there any draw backs to using a spacer?
No rubbing, its lowered 1.5" too. Only drawback is not havin' 'em.

2JZFAN

Established Member
I love em, after seeing other stangs without them I just feel bad.. Mustang don't look right without the rears pushing out. They're nice on my my 1" ones are nice on my 17x8 but would be perfect on a 17x9 with a 275 in back.. a 315 Nitto DR is a bit much I think.

This shot is temporary, my buddy took a quick picture.. I have some 03 Cobra 17x9 wheels with Nitto DRs 315 on back with a H&R 1" spacer.. if the car sat a little lower maybe but with the KB springs I dunno.. looks ok in person but :shrug:

03wheels_2.jpg

:beer:

03 svtvenom

Repent!!!
Established Member
www.livermoreperformance.com in California. Very nice bunch of guys!! I bought the new Eibach wheel spacers from them and they said they look and weigh exactly the same. I love them!!
Eibach is high quality and they are a little cheaper than the H&R's.

KOOY

Established Member
question here. Do the installation require any extra work, like alignment or something? And, what is actually HUBCENTRIC?

71stang99

Established Member
ttt-subscribing since I am interested in this too, currently have the stock rims/tires and the car is lowered, however I would like to know if the 315 DR would cause rubbing with the spacer
thanks

Torch Red 10th

Established Member
I've had them since Sep/Oct '03 and I love them. Easy install, easy removal. I love the look of my car from the rear now too. See sig!

YGETV8

Established Member
Any changes need to be made to the stock studs to use the one inch spacer? Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread