Feedback for Jeep Grand Cherokee L

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Asking for input/feedback on Grand Cherokee L's and their 3.6L V6 engine. Probably the Limited model. Not interested in the Summit or Overland models too $. Gas mileage is a non-issue.

I've read somewhat mixed reviews and would like to hear what ya think.

PhoenixM3

Hello Kitty Slayer
Established Member
Premium Member
No experience. Had the Wrangler Diesel for 4 months and the Wench loves it. The new grand Cherokees are lightyears ahead in refinement.

EatonEggbeater

You tried to rob WHAT?
Established Member
I've got the last version from 2015 and it's been a good vehicle. No huge issues, tended to foul the #3plug over time. Now it's got a thermostat failure issue that I haven't corrected yet. Mech has the parts but not the time. He says there's an upgrade to the water neck that's metal replacing the plastic one; he'll do that.

Shift points are a bit funny as maybe programmed for a V-8 but you get used to that. Paddle shift is great for traffic, touchscreen control is good too. Here in DC I listen to 2 radio stations, primarily- one AM the other FM. It's nice BC when a commercial comes on one station I hit FM/AM to go directly to the other.

I'll look at the new models, probably the V-8, but I'm a little disapointed that Chrysler doesn't offer a turbo 6 where Mercedes and BMW do.

FNsweetS3

Crazy Gun Bunny!!!
Established Member
We had the 2022 Cherokee L my wife loved it..... everything about it. She over paid when she bought it.... got a chance to get out of it for more than we owed so we dumped it. That being said.... I have had a 2012 Wrangler, 2013 Rubicon and now a 2023 Gladiator all with that engine in it and it is good. The Cherokee gets like 24-27 mpg so that is kind of nice. 10/10 recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread