February Pheasants, frigid day afield with my son (no56K)

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
Made our second trip to www.dundeepheasantfarm.com and the nice facilities there. Paul, our hostand owner of the farm set us up in a prime area with some wily birds. Thermostat in my F150 said 6degrees when we started but then the wind kicked up, it got down to 2 degrees but it was still a fine sunny Monroe Michigan day.

Thermostat says 6 degrees
02-03-07_0642.jpg

My good friend Gary, a potent Mossberg 500 wielder accounted for his limit;
02-03-07_0950.jpg

My co-worker Sal, Browning Gold toting eagle-eye Pheasant sniper;
02-03-07_1027.jpg

Our guide and dog owner George Smith of Plymouth MI, his dog GSP Jack was able to put every one of the 20 birds up in this crazy cold. Jacks reward is a BigMac from McDonalds, his favorite.
02-03-07_0952.jpg

The field and cover we hunted;
02-03-07_1029.jpg

Part of our bag;
02-03-07_0951.jpg

Our take of the 20 birds set, 16 in the bag, one got "pillowcased" and 3 got away. My 10yr old son Patrick there. He got one with his 20ga Short stock Montefeltro. That large hen next to the long tail feather rooster.
02-03-07_1043.jpg

02-03-07_1044.jpg

Our whole party, Gary, Rob, Patrick, Dave and Sal.
02-03-07_1045.jpg

The drive home, storm kicked up and made driving treacherous;
02-03-07_1356.jpg

Patrick never knew though;
02-03-07_1412.jpg

Great day despite the conditions, it really is a great setup Paul has down in Dundee.

MidLifeC

PCa Survivor
Established Member
Thanks for the invitation Dave, I had a good time despite the fridgid Arctic blast that did it's best to disuade us. It was so cold our guide had to actually kick the birds to get them to fly.

Paul runs a top notch facility, and Jack (under George's command) really worked hard to get the birds up. All 20 birds released were kicked up.

BTW, I am enjoying that 15 yr. Balvenie.

Jpjr

Established Member
good stuff! looks like a good take.

i have to say i don't miss the cold, although i do miss the company.

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
MidLifeC said:
...snip...

BTW, I am enjoying that 15 yr. Balvenie.

Ahh, very nice. On Georges advice a 5th of Oban followed me home.... zowie, I'm hooked

postban

...rollin on 20's
Established Member
JP said:
Poor birds:(

JP

There will be a private ceremony (for family members only) held in their honor. It will involve butter, garlic and Chardonnay. Those wishing to donate are asked to send ammo (3" #4 Steel) instead of flowers.

Oh George, the taste test last night, Talisker 10yr vs Oban, did not come out well for yee laddy.
Trade you a 13/17 full Oban for a new Talisker minus an administration sip of course.

Snakebite

Proud Member of the MCT
Established Member
postban said:
There will be a private ceremony (for family members only) held in their honor. It will involve butter, garlic and Chardonnay. Those wishing to donate are asked to send ammo (3" #4 Steel) instead of flowers.

Oh George, the taste test last night, Talisker 10yr vs Oban, did not come out well for yee laddy.
Trade you a 13/17 full Oban for a new Talisker minus an administration sip of course.
Whatever pleases the pallet my friend...the assortment of flavors to choose from is what makes this drink nectar of the gods!

We need to do a scotch sampler nite out. Brand new Sean OCallaghans just got launched minutes from my place...;-)

Users who are viewing this thread