Feb drive from Bangor to Quebec City Question

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Looking to drive from Bangor to Quebec City in mid February. Are the roads usually clear, planing on using hwy 201, or should I make other plans.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
No it will actually be in a rental car. But that is my question, if there is not a blizzard will the roads normally be open?

edz

Retired.
Established Member
I have spent most of my life in South Florida and Southeast North Carolina, so I do not have much experience with ice and snow. I will be flying into Bangor on Feb 9 and drive to Quebec City to see my grandson in a hockey tournament. Leaving QC on the 20th to come back. Its ¼ the price to travel and rent a car in the US as opposed to Canada. What I have seen about my route says it’s a great drive in the summer with great scenes and lots of wild life. Friends from New England have told me that the roads are mostly clear in the winter, and someone told me that is “too cold to snow in Feb.” I will hold up in a hotel if the weather is bad, but am hoping for good weather and a scraped road. Looking for historical info from locals.

mooch29

Low n' Slow
Established Member
Didn't realize you weren't from here haha. You'll be fine as long as they plow the roads. The only time the roads are reeeeallly bad is when there's a big storm dumping snow and you're out driving around in it. Otherwise, once the traffic is out the next day, the roads clear out...they're just much narrower lol

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Thanks Mooch. I have been checking the weather. This morning its –6. Shopping for long underwear and some boots for the trip. Hopefully all the years that I have spent driving on skid pads, and wet tracks with slicks will pay off if there is some ice.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Drove it today. Loved the views. Saw a moose and a bald eagle. Little rough. Gonna move to NW Maine and open a car/truck/snowmobile wash...should make a pile of money.

edz

Retired.
Established Member
Got a 4X4 Expedition from Budget. I only drive 5 miles or so from the hotel to the Pepsi Center in Quebec. Don't leave to come back till the 20th.

Users who are viewing this thread