Features that would spoil the car (a bit)

nhs156

Established Member
I love the manual gearbox. I love the fact that it comes with a key vs push button start. I love the fact that the Recaros are manual. I love the fact that it DOESN'T have parking sensors. I love that it's basically a big engine on wheels and pretty darned unsophisticated by modern standards.

I know that some would have liked parking sensors and that some would also have appreciated a push button start. But I love the fact that all these moderns conveniences are not included or available on the car. It contributes to its rawness; its simplicity.

That is all :)

Kapy

Established Member
I love the manual gearbox. I love the fact that it comes with a key vs push button start. I love the fact that the Recaros are manual. I love the fact that it DOESN'T have parking sensors. I love that it's basically a big engine on wheels and pretty darned unsophisticated by modern standards.

I know that some would have liked parking sensors and that some would also have appreciated a push button start. But I love the fact that all these moderns conveniences are not included or available on the car. It contributes to its rawness; its simplicity.

Everything you said, except push button start would have been cool.

Black Thunder 715

Established Member

Did you know that when starting the engine you just tap the key and let it go and the starter will crank by itself? You don't need to hold the key until the engine starts. Kind of like push button with a key.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member

agreed completely.

I wish they had projectors under the side mirrors projecting a cobra on the ground instead of a mustang (horse).

Thankfully the shelby does not have the projectors under the mirrors. Its a tacky option IMO.

nhs156

Established Member
Did you know that when starting the engine you just tap the key and let it go and the starter will crank by itself? You don't need to hold the key until the engine starts. Kind of like push button with a key.

No I did not - will have to try that. The biggest issue with push button start, at least in some vehicles, is that the battery in the remote may go flat one day, as happened in my wife's car. Thankfully, it has a regular ignition as well, so the car can still be started. But many push button start cars do not, and while some theoretically offer an alternate electrical switch/device for starting, these are not reliable (see Land Rover forums as an example).

HAMMRHEAD

Established Member
This is why I miss my Viper(s).

My car is basically loaded(no glass roof), but I could do without the Touchscreen/Nav/Sync/Steering wheel buttons completely. Actually, I find it all annoying - Too much B.S.

I just want a Mustang with a BIG motor and a manual transmission, and a half-way decent stereo(even if it is OFF most of the time). Though the Recaros are nice.:)

Users who are viewing this thread