Fays2 Watts Link Installed

4.SLOW

Established Member
Let me start with this.

If you are looking to start modding your S197 Mustang, be it V6 or GT, or just want to get something to make the rear end not feel so disconnected from the road, BUY A WATTS LINK.

Now that I have that out of the way, let me continue on.

I had heard that the watts link would be a noticable improvement over the factory panhard bar system, but I never would have thought that it would make this much of an improvement. I always read tons of reviews before making a decision on what part to buy, and I always see comments like "This was a great improvement over stock. I could feel the difference in every bump". I always took these reviews for what they were though, just someone's opinion. This was because after I installed the mod, and went out on my test drive, as I always do (because how could I resist??), I didn't really notice an improvement at all. Most of my mods, I do notice a difference, but only when driving my car at the limit. This watts link was a completely different story from all those other parts though.

As soon as I took the car out after the install Sunday night, I could tell there was a major change. It started raining hard just as I was cleaning up that night, so I didn't get to put it through its paces yet, but already I could feel it. Little bumps that used to make the rear end squirrelly, the car takes like nothing. Even in a corner, where I always have to be careful in the rain, to avoid sliding all the way around. The car was SOOO much smoother, I couldn't believe it. I thought I was just imagining it, maybe I was going crazy. But no, I've driven it the past 2 days as well and I think the same thing as soon as I start moving each time.

Another thing to note. As I was looking at the Fays2 unit, I had imagined the suspension noise would have to be louder as it uses heim joints instead of polyurethane like all the other watts links out there. I was ok with this idea because I was getting something that would increase the handling. But again, it's not. It actually eliminated a loud clunk that I was experiencing.

I did this install by myself, in my driveway, with nothing but hand tools and jackstands, so it can be done, but I would not recommend anyone thats not confident in their own work to do this. It requires very precise measurement and is very tedious work with not much room to do it, which at one point almost bested me. Even after spending over 6 hours laying on my back in the driveway, I still am not completely satisfied with everything, only because my axle is off center by about 1/8-1/4". Its not very noticable, but I am very meticulous about my car, and it bothers me every time I pass by.

But again, this isn't about my OCD, rather it's about how great this Fays2 unit is (or any other watts link!!).

If you can't tell, I love with the Fays2 part. I would recommend it to anyone looking for a good mod, or just wants a little bit more out of their car.

If you're thinking about buying a Watts Link, DO IT! If you're not thinking about it, START THINKING ABOUT IT!

Nocturnal'14

'18 ROUSH RS2 #18-0103
Established Member
Same thing I've heard from all the other Watts owners. Everybody seems To love em and I've never had a bad thing about them.
I've got one in the garage waiting for install in the spring

evanjp

Established Member
Dude that's awesome. I really want a watts link too since I'm so weird about both rear wheels being in the wheel wells evenly.

Does it make everything smooth? Like just normal driving/going through the gears?

4.SLOW

Established Member
Dude that's awesome. I really want a watts link too since I'm so weird about both rear wheels being in the wheel wells evenly.

Does it make everything smooth? Like just normal driving/going through the gears?
Yeah, it does! Mainly because the rear end of the car isn't moving side to side anymore. But especially in corners. Before, when I went around corners with uneven pavement, the tires spent half the time in the air. Its a completely different feeling now. Its awesome

Users who are viewing this thread