Fays2 w/Track Pack

ronb36

Hello,

I have a 2013 GT500 w/Track Pack. Working on installing the Billet Fays2 Watts Link and have a couple questions about fitting the Axle Mounts:

The drivers side has a bolt on top of the axle
The passenger side has a screw that holds a Diff Therm wiring clip.

I can get the Drivers side bracket to clear the bolt (1/4 inch to outside). On the Passenger side, I removed the plastic clip that connects to screw, and can mount the bracket but to 45 degree downward minimum.

I curious what others have done. Did you remove the screw entirely (hacksaw) to get more flexibility with passenger bracket. How critical is the angle (4:00 in instructions vs 45 degrees with screw in place)

Spoke to Jim today, he wasn't familiar with the Track Pack axle.

Thanks,
Ron

13 Cobra Toy

Need More Track...
Established Member
Hello,

I have a 2013 GT500 w/Track Pack. Working on installing the Billet Fays2 Watts Link and have a couple questions about fitting the Axle Mounts:

The drivers side has a bolt on top of the axle
The passenger side has a screw that holds a Diff Therm wiring clip.

I can get the Drivers side bracket to clear the bolt (1/4 inch to outside). On the Passenger side, I removed the plastic clip that connects to screw, and can mount the bracket but to 45 degree downward minimum.

I curious what others have done. Did you remove the screw entirely (hacksaw) to get more flexibility with passenger bracket. How critical is the angle (4:00 in instructions vs 45 degrees with screw in place)

Spoke to Jim today, he wasn't familiar with the Track Pack axle.

Thanks,
Ron

Your doing it the right way. I removed the plastic wire bracket and moved the bracket over to clear the axle tube vent screw. Make sure the axle mounts are tighten after you install the rods and level them by moving the axel bracket up and down. Assemble the center pivot bolt facing the rear of the car. The thin bolt head goes by the diff cover. Assemble/tight that part before the brace is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread