Favorite Quotes!

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
I love quotes and sayings! What are some of your favorites and why?

Here is a small list of mine:

"He who possesses art and science has religion, he who does not possess them needs religion." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"Old friends pass away, new friends appear. It is just like the days. An old day passes, a new day arrives. The important thing is to make it meaningful: a meaningful friend - or a meaningful day." - Dalai Lama

"Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction." - Albert Einstein

"Nothing is more intolerable than to have to admit to yourself your own errors." - Ludwig van Beethoven

:dancenana::pepper::dancenana:

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
These two are taken from a piece called "White Noise Supremacists" by Lester Bangs, a famous rock critic. It's hard to tell, but he is extremely intelligent.

"...when you fail to realize that no matter how harmless your intentions are, there is no reason to think that any shit that comes out of your mouth is going to be understood or happily received." - Lester Bangs

"Another reason for getting rid of all those little verbal barbs is that no matter how you intend them, you can't say them without risking misinterpretation by some other bigoted asshole; your irony just might be his cup of hate." - Lester Bangs

These two are from "Letter From a Birmingham Jail"

"Oppressed people cannot remain oppressed forever. The yearning for freedom eventually manifests itself...Something within has reminded him of his birthright of freedom, and something without has reminded him that it can be gained." - MLK Jr.

"I have tried to make clear that it is wrong to use immoral means to attain moral ends. But now I must affirm that it is just as wrong, or perhaps even more so, to use moral means to preserve immoral ends." - MLK Jr.

tallfreak

Just a newb
Established Member
I am having a brain fart right now, but I had to pick a few favorites and write about them. I can't believe I have forgotten them.

04SVT_COBRA

CO No Mas
Established Member
On a less serious note, basically the entire script of "The Big Lebowski" is filled with great quotes!!!

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
This is on the bottom of every e-mail I send form my work e-mail account.

Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome.

Booker T. Washington

VPF

85FourEyedGT

I AM HOOK!
Established Member
"The meaning of life is that it ends"-frank kafka

this is the last line of a personal response i wrote

"music is a lot like life, it has a beginning but it doesnt have an end, even after the music stops it still plays in your mind, even after someone you love leaves this world, their memory is still in your heart."

it was something along those lines, but you get the gist of it

tommyhil4_6

Buh Bye
"The meaning of life is that it ends"-frank kafka

this is the last line of a personal response i wrote

"music is a lot like life, it has a beginning but it doesnt have an end, even after the music stops it still plays in your mind, even after someone you love leaves this world, their memory is still in your heart."

it was something along those lines, but you get the gist of it

Love that last one! Some great quotes so far keep em coming!

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security" - Benjamin Franklin

"The first time I ever saw a jet, I shot it down." - General Chuck Yeager

I have read Chuck Yeager's book about 7 times now and every time I can't get enough... It gets me fired up. I have also read Jacqueline Cochran's book twice and she was one helluva lady...

DocHolliday01

Established Member
"Honor never grows old, and honor rejoices the heart of age. It does so because honor is, finally, about defending those noble and worthy things that deserve defending, even if it comes at a high cost. In our time, that may mean social disapproval, public scorn, hardship, persecution, or as always, even death itself.
The question remains: What is worth defending? What is worth dying for? What is worth living for?"

“Believe in yourself. Believe in your own potential for greatness. Believe that you can change the world. It is something that is within each of us.”
– Evan Michael Tanner 1971-2008

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. -Benjamin Franklin

There are evil men in this world and they are capable of evil deeds. The moment you forget that or pretend it is not so, you become a sheep. There is no safety in denial
"Si vis pacem, para bellum" If you want Peace Prepare for War.

And the ones in my sig.

Fox-4

OFFICER BARBRADY
Established Member
When shopping for a used car, push all the radio presets, if they are all rock, then the transmission is shot.

Users who are viewing this thread