Favorite quad/cable/firewall adjuster combo?

Coxy

Established Member
Alright, it's almost time for a TOB, sleeve, and clutch. Car still has all the OG stuff in it. So I'm wondering what's the best combo on the control end of things? Benefits or dislikes for certain brands/styles, all input welcome. Thanks!

speedoflife

Established Member
This is going to get complicated but here is my advice:
Do exactly what's in this how-to. It worked perfectly for me. My clutch and brake pedal are now even and if you do the gas pedal slack reduction as well, the gas pedal is pulled up much closer to the brake pedal. I'll snap a pic of my pedals.

To answer your question: Steeda quick release quadrant. I have Steeda firewall adjuster but I've heard best thing about the Fiore.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...quicker-firmer-shifts-and-performance-driving

To fix your gas pedal go here:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

Doing both mods together gives the pedals a WAY more updated feel. Much more put together and a lot more consistency. Plus half the clutch pedal travel!!!
Also FWIW I've had all of it installed for about 2000 miles and have had zero problems.

03SonicVert

Ford Junkie since 1996
Established Member
This is going to get complicated but here is my advice:
Do exactly what's in this how-to. It worked perfectly for me. My clutch and brake pedal are now even and if you do the gas pedal slack reduction as well, the gas pedal is pulled up much closer to the brake pedal. I'll snap a pic of my pedals.

To answer your question: Steeda quick release quadrant. I have Steeda firewall adjuster but I've heard best thing about the Fiore.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forum...quicker-firmer-shifts-and-performance-driving

To fix your gas pedal go here:
http://www.mustangworld.com/ourpics/fcar/99pedals.htm

Doing both mods together gives the pedals a WAY more updated feel. Much more put together and a lot more consistency. Plus half the clutch pedal travel!!!
Also FWIW I've had all of it installed for about 2000 miles and have had zero problems.

What clutch disc and pressure plate are you running?

I have stock clutch, Steeda quadrant and firewall adjuster but with the clutch pedal adjustment bracket I couldn't get enough travel for the clutch to engage/disenguage with the clutch pedal adjusted even with the brake. I had to remove the MM clutch pedal adjuster due to this. It did make a world of difference with my leg hitting the steering wheel and give more leg room all together but it just didn't work out.

I would like to be able to use it some day. I have read it works better with aftermarket clutch setups.

SV

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I'm running all stock stuff with my Dyad and I like it. The pedal pressure is greatly reduced with the Dyad so i figured why not keep the stock stuff.

weaselp1

Established Member
I'm running all stock stuff with my Dyad and I like it. The pedal pressure is greatly reduced with the Dyad so i figured why not keep the stock stuff.

are you loving that dyad cj428mach? I am doing a clutch at end of summer and still curious about the dyad.

Coxy

Established Member
I found a smokin deal on a Exedy Twin plate, so I'm gonna try that out. Even if it's not awesome, still cheaper then a typical basic single disk.
So steeda quad, fiore firewall adj, and ford cable? Or aftermarket? How useful is having adjustment at the top and bottom verses the quality of fords cable? I'm not sure I will mess with pedal height or not. I will look up the free play mod as well.

Users who are viewing this thread