Favorite punk rock band

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
I'm sure there are some punk listeners in here, so who in your opinion is the greatest all time punk band. For me it's a split between The Clash, and the Sex Pistols.

BuckChoklit

Schooled by Satan
Established Member
Clash. And for people posting after this, punk died in the 70's early 80's. So please don't put some stupid band like the new "Punk" or hardcore crap.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
1. Ramones
2. Casualties
3. The Clash
4. Screachin' Weasles
5. Dropkick Murphys
6. Bad Religion

Badasp5.0

Established Member
BuckChoklit said:
Clash. And for people posting after this, punk died in the 70's early 80's. So please don't put some stupid band like the new "Punk" or hardcore crap.

+1 I listen to some of the newer stuff its its not the same as "real punk" :rockon: ....

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
BuckChoklit said:

Thank you, so much. I was afraid we were going to see shit like Greenday, Good Charlotte, Blink..........I HATE teeny bopper punk. I'll add some to the list.

The Damned
Dead Kennedy's

And though I'm not a fan, I have to bring up GG Allin.......a true madman, nobody ever came close to his theatrics.

DaleM

ATACMS changing the game!
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
BuckChoklit said:
I listen to Fungus on XM radio. Many of the new bands are quite good. Punk is not dead it has just outgrown Spiked hair, leather and pierced body art.
I'm 42 so I am quite familiar with old school punk.

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Yeah, new punk just doen't get much radior play, if any. I saw a group called Tiger Army open up for Morrissey awhile back.......fantastic, and true punk.

Cobra03

Fordrarri
Established Member
I used to listen to the Dead Kennedy's, Black Flag and Fear.

I must say I do enjoy Green Day. Different, but good.

MuscleHead

Banned
Punk rock is for girls :-D .. it's all about street punk and OI! Back when i was into punk.. i always liked The Unseen, Casualties, Exploited, A Global Threat, Anti-Heros and Oxymoron.. the ones i can think of for now. OI! OI! OI! :rockon:

gump

aka jamz
Established Member
Ahh ive yet to see Wendy O Williams & the Plasmatics, or that strange group Yello.

I had this guy who's 27 who is into this new hardcore Bostonbeatdown.com type of stuff. He just got his arm broken by slamming into other guys on the dance floor, he's always fighting. He doesnt realize all of the old classics weve mentioned here is are the originals.

texaswrx

Established Member
I always liked the Descendants (sp)
Samhain / misfits into early Danzig as well
Clash, of course, as well as Joe strummers The Mescalaros
7 seconds
mionr threat / fugazi - too political for my taste now, but I do enjoy the music
And I do think that Rancid still puts out good stuff.
Social D
lag wagon
Fu Manchu - not really punk I guess, but in there some where

JD_2001_svt

Established Member
Yeah, Ranid was probably the only decent punk group of the 90's that got radio play. I saw them at the Cains in Tulsa in '96 with Rocket From the Crypt, they were good. Clash ripoff though. Armstrong always annoyed me with his Strummer like slurring of words.

Users who are viewing this thread