Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Starz/Encore

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Instigator99

427 whaaaaat?
Established Member
Hey I was wondering what is everyone's favorite premium movie channels are. Currently I have Starz/Encore and I am getting quite tired of them playing the same old movies over and over again. I need to make a switch but each of the alternatives have their good points. So, tell me your favorites and why!

-Eric

slowr w/o blowr

Established Member
Currently running cinemax and starz on Direct tv.

HBO- enjoy their boxing events, but they play the same old crap repeatedly along with all their special shows all the time.

Showtime- seems like they have more movies in black and white than our local PBS station.

Cinemax- new movies 2x a month or so and they seem to have more action type movies. As well as all the adult programming on later. Yeah. who doesn't love soft core?

Starz- seems to have the most HD channels and have decent movies. The wife and i have a little joke we play on eachother with starz though. I'll always call and see if there is any good movies on. She says a new one is coming on at 9. I'm like sweet! Whats the name of it?

2012!

Me--- FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

oldmodman

Established Member
I just go to my local library and get all the new releases I want for free.

And if it turns out to be decent I just run a dupe. For time shifting purposes only:D

ViciousJay

Established Member
Currently running cinemax and starz on Direct tv.

HBO- enjoy their boxing events, but they play the same old crap repeatedly along with all their special shows all the time.

Showtime- seems like they have more movies in black and white than our local PBS station.

Cinemax- new movies 2x a month or so and they seem to have more action type movies. As well as all the adult programming on later. Yeah. who doesn't love soft core?

Starz- seems to have the most HD channels and have decent movies. The wife and i have a little joke we play on eachother with starz though. I'll always call and see if there is any good movies on. She says a new one is coming on at 9. I'm like sweet! Whats the name of it?

2012!

Me--- FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!

you realize that if you have Netflix your get starz for free...

as for movie channels, IM DONE FORKING OUT GOOD MONEY TO THESE CRAP CHANNELS

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
HBO and Encore are the only two I have, but both are Meh.

HBO is awesome just because of the mini series they have. Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Boardwalk Empire, the show about whores, and a couple others that they have had in the past. But when it comes to movies, HBO really seems to be lacking. The ones they have on OnDemand all suck and are changed out too slowly. Sorry, but I dont care about some shitty French Indie movie from the 80's.

Showtime is definitely where its at when it comes to having good movies on 24/7.

BreBar21

Born in the G-Code
Established Member
HBO and Showtime are my favs. I have the premium channels almost exclusively for their original programming. HBO does seem to get the better movies first.

Mustang71

Did I say that out loud?
Established Member
tough choice. I like HBO boardwalk empires and yes I do enjoy True Blood haha. But showtime has Dexter which is one of my favorites.

Users who are viewing this thread