fatmat sound insulation

SLOWNED

Established Member
I just bought 10sq ft of fatmat off amazon for a great deal. I thought i would try it out and see if i should buy more or not.

The thing is, these sound insulation mats are expensive! so i bought just 10sq ft to try out and see if its effective and worth buying more of.

My question is where would be the best place to start with 10 sq ft? Since i don't have enough for the entire car, i wanted to try out the most noisy areas first and see how i like it. Any pointers? I'm more than happy to take pictures and give a before and after report for those of you who are interested in going this route.

shurur

Established Member
Just a guess really..but I'd put it the rear seat/ forward trunk area where the diffy noise comes through into the cabin. You'd have to remove the rear seats and trunk mats.

I did my doors first (only for now)..after putting in autoloc up/down window controllers..that helped some.

DHG4410

Established Member
I have used it worked great. One tip spread out the sheets and allow them to air out a bit from the tar smell. I believe I waited about a week and had very little tar or oily smell.
Good Luck

LS-WHAT

why-try
Established Member
i put fatmat down in the whole car. doors, floor half the firewall and trunk. i wasnt very happy with the sound deadaning. i also replaced the carpet that had a upgraded sound pad as well with the fatmat. still wasnt great. i may have been expeting to much but i thought it would be a little better. i did get the medium thick mat tho to save wieght the thicker mat may help more.

Det.Bullitt

Banned
Double up

i put fatmat down in the whole car. doors, floor half the firewall and trunk. i wasnt very happy with the sound deadaning. i also replaced the carpet that had a upgraded sound pad as well with the fatmat. still wasnt great. i may have been expeting to much but i thought it would be a little better. i did get the medium thick mat tho to save wieght the thicker mat may help more.

I put Fatmat in my 65 Mustang GT. The trick is that you have to double up on the install. I even put three sheets down in some parts of my car. My 65 is as quiet if not more quite than my new Tahoe! it also makes a car feel a whole lot more solid! You will love the way it makes your car feel once you do it right!

Users who are viewing this thread