Fastlane Motorsports

cohhbra

Established Member
Well I recently had to have my drivers side head removed for some work by Fastlane and now I have another noise that seems to be coming from that same side. How should I go about getting them to check it out without having to spend a lot of money or do you guys think they'll keep up to the high standing with customer service and help me out?

Fat-cat

Established Member
What kind of work ? What does the noise sound like ? Is it the same problem you had before? What did they fix ? what did they change.

Hard to give you any kind of answer with so little info.

04RiceEater

Established Member
Yes more details needed. Ive heard that they have really good customer service so im sure they will help you out. Good luck!

Lights of Speed

can i has 9's?
Established Member
which Fastlane? the one in NC? i know everyone that works there very well, great bunch of guys and they will do anything they can to help you out regardless of the situation.

cohhbra

Established Member
This is the one in North Carolina. Yes, my experience with them was awesome and they were very knowledgeable, but I talked to Taylor today and he said my car has a small head tick, but this noise seems to be getting slightly louder. Here's symptoms:
-Isn't really that loud when I turn the car on but after I load the engine one time it can be heard well
-Seems to get slightly quieter once the car is fully warmed up
-Can be heard best behind the drivers side front wheel and can't be heard over the injector noise when trying to listen from the engine bay
-Can't really be heard out of the exhaust tips
I mean it does kind of sound like the head tick, but would it start to get worse at 73000 miles. I thought they usually showed up early in the engine life than that.

cohhbra

Established Member
It's not an exhaust leak, I had a shop check all that this morning. I was thinking about a lash adjuster, and maybe that would make a little since because they did pull the head off and everything. Do you have a vid or can you describe the noise that would make?

And I was always under the impression that if you're going to get a head tick it shows up earlier in the engine's life than at 73000, or is that not true?

cohhbra

Established Member
Well I just talked to Fastlane and Melvin said that it is not my lash adjusters, that it IS a head tick, but if it does start getting louder then notify them but other than that my engine is fine.

cohhbra

Established Member
Will try and get a video later today. It does bounce of walls and other cars pretty bad. Can the head tick be heard out of the exhaust tips very well?

1SVT&1GT

Established Member
The guys at Fastlane are top notch and are great to work with. I am making the "leap" that when you took it in and had work done on the driver's side head that it was for the tick? And now it has returned?

cobra=trouble

Established Member
This is the one in North Carolina. Yes, my experience with them was awesome and they were very knowledgeable, but I talked to Taylor today and he said my car has a small head tick, but this noise seems to be getting slightly louder. Here's symptoms:
-Isn't really that loud when I turn the car on but after I load the engine one time it can be heard well
-Seems to get slightly quieter once the car is fully warmed up
-Can be heard best behind the drivers side front wheel and can't be heard over the injector noise when trying to listen from the engine bay
-Can't really be heard out of the exhaust tips
I mean it does kind of sound like the head tick, but would it start to get worse at 73000 miles. I thought they usually showed up early in the engine life than that.
did they replace all the lifters? or did they reuse them? its not good to reuse them if you got the head tick! they should no to replace them ,i got the same issue as you. tick tick

cohhbra

Established Member
This is a shitty video and like I said as one of the symptoms, the noise doesn't get loud until after I load the engine one time, doesn't matter if it cold or warmed up it has to be loaded one time for the noise to get louder.

This is just after start-up with the engine warm:
http://www.youtube.com/v/sLedIgwBurY&hl=en&fs=1
The engine shot was to show that it can't be heard from the engine bay, at least not over the injectors.
I didn't take the car to them for the head tick, I took it becuase I had a spark plug blow out and strip the threads, had it fixed and the guy messed it up more so that's how they got it.

Edit: I drove it down my street, I can hear the noise a better now but this camera doesn't have a good mic so it's still hard to get the full effect:
[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFF8K8xTRVg"]YouTube- P7080117.AVI[/nomedia]

Last edited:

postalbunny

Established Member
I'd take that back to fastlane and let them look... they did head work, and now you have a noise coming from the head. Ask them to please check their work.

If they say it's not the work they did... then we're in another boat. If the head was out, it could be just be the header is leaking and needs to be re-torqued.

edit: "I didn't take the car to them for the head tick, I took it becuase I had a spark plug blow out and strip the threads, had it fixed and the guy messed it up more so that's how they got it."

Do you mean you took it to them to fix a spark blown out spark plug/stripped threads, and they messed it up so you took it out of the Fastlane? Which "guy messed it up more"?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread