fastest times on 20'' drag radials

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
147mph on a Trinity blower is super impressive.

You've got more than enough mph for a 9 sec pass.

Why 3.55s instead of 3.73s? 3.73s would take you to almost 160mph in 4th.
If going 9" they make different ratios like 3.50, 3.70, 3.90, 4.11.
I agree on 3.70s probably best start but it depends on the tire used.
I put my LX in the 9s on a radial and a TKO over 10 years ago, and trust me, it'll be much easier on a bias ply like Heinz did, plus the bias growing helps the top end.
Either way, can't wait to try!
-J

black13 gt500

Established Member
I had a brand new set of 3.55s when I built that rear so I threw them in there to see how I liked it but never got a chance to track it with them. This 9'' has a 4.11 in it which will but me on the edge of rpm unless Lund can raise the rev limiter up just a little to 7500. Just finished the rear ice tank so I'm sure it's going to love the next time I take it to the track in the fall.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think I'm eventually going to buy another center section a put a 3.00 rear gear in it so I can go half mile racing also
Beauty of the 9" you can swap out the center section. I'm 99% sure my super fortified 8.8 will whine after track use and I'll go 9". Part of that is that I can share 9" centers with my LX and I have 3.25 and 3.50 pro gears for that already.
Ive never done a top speed event but would love to.
Still, I felt the negative difference on the street with 3.73 after getting used to 4.10s. Probably that I don't beat on it to hard on the street and the 4.10 makes the car feel so much better out of boost.
-J

Users who are viewing this thread