Fasten Seat Belt Chime

VTX

If I am not mistaken inside the owners manual is actually a step by step process of turning it off.

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
If I am not mistaken inside the owners manual is actually a step by step process of turning it off.
There is a process, but that is for turning it off voluntarily. But it has to recognize first that the belt buckle is latched which mine doesn't.

Where can I get a new buckle?

Posted via Topify using iPhone/iPad

shurur

Established Member
junk yard..ebay..
Take a phone pic of your silver buckle part for reference as there are several styles/sizes/shapes.
Contours had the same buckle as ours..

Also maybe spray the inside mechanism with electrical cleaner (wd-40?) maybe...and check the ground strap on the part that goes to the floor...if it has a ground.

maybe even swap the passenger side??

Last edited:

zPipes

Established Member

It shuts it off permanently

edit

Unless what your saying is that the mcguyver code wont work because when you buckle it wont recognize, which is what i think your saying. good luck.

Last edited:

Cobra_GATA

Established Member
Was cleaning her yesterday and decided to work on the seat belt deal. I just went in, found the wire and cut it. Bam...no more chime.

However, the interesting thing is it seemed to correct something else. On another thread I mentioned constant pulsating when idling withe A/C on. Now that I cut the cord to the seat belt, the car no longer pulsates. Sign of a bigger problem?????

Users who are viewing this thread