FAST FAST FAST

agbulit

Established Member
socalblk03

the f-16 is g-limited at 9.0 gs, so, that was quite a overstress! also, rotation cannot be 50 knots....not even with a slick jet with a 50 mph headwind. as far as a fighting falcon being sexy....maybe, but i will be putting the HURT on 1 from shaw afb on monday morning......ill keep you in mind!

sqidd

Established Member
What mods need to be done to install the Cobra R wing?

What is a "splitter" for a Cobra R?

And since we are all patting ourselves on the back about how fast we have gone try this:

Putnum Park Track day======$125

New set of slicks==========$400

02 Ducati 998R===========$30,000

knee Down at 150mph======$$$ PRICELESS $$$

sqidd:-D

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
Cobra R Wing & Splitter

:coolman: Sqidd:

The factory 2000 R wing is very simple to install. It comes with a pair of molded pieces that fit into cavities on the underside of the decklid. These come pre-drilled, allowing exact location of the mounting holes. The only hassle is filling the area between the inner and outer shells of two of the holes with epoxy. This is to prevent distortion and cracking of the outer skin when the wing is bolted down (the decklid is fiberglass).

The factory wing is a real work of art and very functional. It creates so much downforce, that it will put a Cobra (non R model) with stock springs, on the bumpstops at speed. This is why the 2000 R comes with 750 lb/in rate rear springs.

The splitter is a term commonly used to refer to the almost flat extension from the bottom edge of the FBC, that "splits" the airflow and creates front downforce. Take a close look at a picture of a 2000 Cobra R nose and you will see what I mean.

Knee down at 150 is a real rush...

William

satx

Banned
had my old '98 vette up to 170 out in eastern colorado/kansas.....very stable. after I slowed down I noticed that the targa had popped lose! my 93 cobra will stay safely under 100.

sqidd

Established Member
Mustangtaz,

What happens to the stock wing/fin? Are there going to be holes to fill. Do I need to buy the 3rd brake light for the deck lid?

sqidd

Uncle Meat

Zircon Encrusted Tweezers
Established Member
Originally posted by agbulit
socalblk03

as far as a fighting falcon being sexy....maybe, but i will be putting the HURT on 1 from shaw afb on monday morning......ill keep you in mind!

Just keep in mind sir that your Falcon has no claws without us ammo troops! IYAAYAS!

U.M.

mustangtaz

mustangtaz
Established Member
2000 R Wing

:coolman: Sqidd:

The holes in a decklid that have an existing spoiler will require filling or you will have to purchase a replacement, non-spoiler decklid. Since these are fiberglass, filling the holes is pretty simple, but will require repainting. If you are fortunate and can locate a replacement decklid that is the same color as your car, obviously the transition is greatly simplified.

William

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread