fast and furious crap? listen to this story

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
this was late last summer, in my CSVT (to most it is considered a ricer, hopefully you SVT'ers can appreciate the badge, and attempt at having a cool american car for a decent price)

i'm just rolling down 35E in MN........when this 03-04 cobra pulls up next to me. it's a vert, with 2 dudes in it....mid 20s probably. guy gets next to me and downshifts, to make sure i can hear his blower. i keep going...... trying to ignore him. the car looked extremely stock, and didnt sound like it was supercharged by anything aftermarket.... so after about 5 minutes of him next to me in a low gear revving the shit out of his car, i finally rolled down my window (he probably couldnt see through my tint) and shake my head no. so he popped the throttle a couple times, so i started flippin switches..... from about 55MPH this dude was dead even until.......lets say.......going pretty good, but "not" over the speed limit. then he laughed and sped off once i slowed down........pretty funny he didnt think the ricey contour would stay next to him. honestly though.....who pulls up in an obviously superior car and trys to race? it's lame! i usually provoke the mustangs, and more than once i've been handed my own ass, but more times than i can count on both hands i've beat and pissed off a stang' owner. honestly though, rich dudes gotta quit lettin there squattin adult children take there cars out on saturdays!

audioqueso

Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
honestly though, rich dudes gotta quit lettin there squattin adult children take there cars out on saturdays!

Owning a Mustang makes you rich? :D

Though I agree with you on the driver's behavior, do you not expect to have people want to race you when you have a CSVT badge on the back of your car?

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
well usually i am flattered to have real cars try to race me, it was just funny. i also know that to car people, SVT badges means "race me"

zx3focus

Established Member
Yeah my car isnt fast by any means but I will ussually pick on faster car than me. Or something I believe is cloes. But dead stock car I dont worry about. Especially something like 2 rich kids in a termi. So they can beat me, big deal, they have no idea what the hell they have. Eccept for the fact that its a cobra becuase thats what the steering wheel says.lol I used to mess with fast cars back when I had the focus just so I could see it go fast and hear it. And because I wanted whatever I revved at.lol

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
well usually i am flattered to have real cars try to race me, it was just funny. i also know that to car people, SVT badges means "race me"

i cound count how many times people tried to get to me to race based on that badge...."it says SVT it's gotta have some nuts" or " Just wanna see if that SVT badge was real or not"

Paul's_03SVT

Established Member
Nah I think you are looking at it wrong. Like you even said, he knew it was an SVT the "faster" ones and he wanted to race. If it were me I would have paced you for a few seconds and if you don't bite I will drive on. I tried to get a Cobalt SS to run me but he smiled and shook his head no and I drove off.

The guy hit the "money" with you because you have nitrous and it was a good race. I get how they could be jackasses though. Either way nice run!

Wild Stallion

Established Member
Paul's_03SVT said:
Nah I think you are looking at it wrong. Like you even said, he knew it was an SVT the "faster" ones and he wanted to race. If it were me I would have paced you for a few seconds and if you don't bite I will drive on. I tried to get a Cobalt SS to run me but he smiled and shook his head no and I drove off.

The guy hit the "money" with you because you have nitrous and it was a good race. I get how they could be jackasses though. Either way nice run!
Well i do it the opposite i had a Scion tc try to get me to race him i looked over at him and scoped out his car laughed and shook my head no and went my way he was pissed and turned off and went his way.

ClOckwOrk

Established Member
lol. i guess maybe he knew me from the internet, that coulda been a possibility too, i have a "clockwork" sticker on the back so i dunno. either way it was cool to stay by him. more than once though, i've wasted my time, and my nitrous on getting spanked by a termi....lol

Redneckbmxer24

Established Member
i always give ANY SVT owner a thumbs up, and a smile, no matter what gender, what race, what SVT it is your driving, if yoru driving a SVT, you get the thumbs up from me.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
ClOckwOrk said:
this was late last summer, in my CSVT (to most it is considered a ricer, hopefully you SVT'ers can appreciate the badge, and attempt at having a cool american car for a decent price)

i'm just rolling down 35E in MN........when this 03-04 cobra pulls up next to me. it's a vert, with 2 dudes in it....mid 20s probably. guy gets next to me and downshifts, to make sure i can hear his blower. i keep going...... trying to ignore him. the car looked extremely stock, and didnt sound like it was supercharged by anything aftermarket.... so after about 5 minutes of him next to me in a low gear revving the shit out of his car, i finally rolled down my window (he probably couldnt see through my tint) and shake my head no. so he popped the throttle a couple times, so i started flippin switches..... from about 55MPH this dude was dead even until.......lets say.......going pretty good, but "not" over the speed limit. then he laughed and sped off once i slowed down........pretty funny he didnt think the ricey contour would stay next to him. honestly though.....who pulls up in an obviously superior car and trys to race? it's lame! i usually provoke the mustangs, and more than once i've been handed my own ass, but more times than i can count on both hands i've beat and pissed off a stang' owner. honestly though, rich dudes gotta quit lettin there squattin adult children take there cars out on saturdays!

Some people just can't drive a car like the '03/'04 Cobra w/ out flooring it ALL THE TIME! Or they just try to race everything & anything... I say cruising beats flooring it because you don't have to worry about getting pulled over! Now taking it to the track is a completely different story! :rolling:

STROKD

Takin pictures of stuff
Established Member
I'm glad my cars look too fast for people to do that shit to me anymore, because it gets really annoying day in and day out just driving from point A to point B.

However, my dad has a VERY fast stockish looking 5.0 vert, save for 17" wheels large brakes and flared and rolled front fenders, (which aren't really noticeable to a rookie), I get picked on in it often...

... couple years back, I had this one girl in a stock 2000ish GT try to race me while I was just cruisin, I shook my head no twice, but after she kept getting on it and slowing down, I grabbed second and white smoked the tires from about 40-70 and hit about 130 and let out in about 6-7 seconds or so... (600+ rw still untuned). She drove up next to me at the next light and had this look on her face like what the hell just happened... I yelled at her "told you" and she turned off like a punk bitch.:lol:

The VORTECH license plate frame now on the car seems to warn a lot of wannabe's...:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread