Farewell guys...

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Last Monday I sold my Mystic, then replaced it Thursday with a 2003 Toyota 4runner 4x4 Limited. I hated to do it, but I had to have something more practical as a daily driver. My finances don't allow two vehicles, so I had to make the move. Anyway, I'd like to say thank you all for the info/input you have given me. I really appreciate that. Here are a few pics I took of my car the day before I sold it, then a couple of the new ride. Thanks again guys!
IMG_0367.jpg

IMG_0405.jpg

IMG_0407.jpg

IMG_0421.jpg

IMG_0425.jpg

IMG_0423.jpg

IMG_0424.jpg

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Can always buy another in the future if you feel the urge to come back to a Mustang.

Good luck with the 4-Runner! Hope you enjoy it!

9cobrastang7

Gogo Green Machine
Established Member
Beautiful car man. Sorry to see you go, but good luck and hope you come back with another Cobra sometime.

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I loved the experience of the Mustang. It was my first, but definitely not the last. Mine had 134k miles, and I was not able to store it inside at all. I had it for about a year and a half, and I just can't stand watching it sit out in the weather all the time. I'm hoping that later on once I get settled (full time college student at the moment), I can afford another. The Mystics aren't raising in value yet, so hopefully I can pick another one up in a couple of years for cheap. I'll still be checking in, but probably more reading and less posting than before. It's not easy, but the car kept having one problem after another and I really needed something more practical. It's a decision I know I had to make, no way around it so that helps out some. Thanks guys!

Last edited:

BMF42

Drive it like u STOLE IT
Established Member
Sucks to see another member sell their Cobra, but that's a nice looking 4Runner! Take care.

Al

uofipilot

Established Member
Wow. That first picture with the water drops is amazing!

Hey, it sucks to sell it, but practiality is necessary. I recently picked up an 06 Saturn Vue Redline. It's nowhere near as fun to drive as the stang, but it wins in all other categories.

MattP 343

Established Member
Wow I'm in the same exact boat right now, trying to figure if I should let the Stang go and pick up something more practical as a DD. How do you like the 4runner so far?

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
I'm absolutely loving the 4runner. I didn't realize how rough the Stang was. Also, I was getting really tired of the standard when driving through town. 4runner is so much smoother it's amazing. It's nice to have all the comforts like heated seats, power seats that actually work, built in navigation, etc. I traded a 97 4runner for my Cobra (glad I did that), but as a daily driver the Cobra was just too high maintenance. While not the best deal, I got most of my money back and in this economy a decent deal. My Cobra had the rear going out I believe, and also the 2nd gear syncros were beginning to grind in the trans. I sold it for $7500. Then the 4runner I purchased for $11,500, although kbb had it at like $16k, so great deal there. As I mentioned, I still plan to stick around, just may not be posting as much as before. I'll say this, the 4runner is no slouch with the v8. In stock form it only has 240hp, but makes up for it with 320 ft lbs torque. That's at the crank, but still enough to surprise me for a vehicle that size.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Beautiful mystic man, sad to see it go.

Good luck with school and the new 4runner.
Hope to see you in another mustang soon enough man!

Take it easy

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Your fiance "won't allow" a second car?
Who wears the pants in that relationship?

I'd tell her to screw, unless you really DID want to get rid of the car anyway.

Last edited by a moderator:

ArkansasMystic

Established Member
Haha, thats "finances", as in funds. I'm still single for the time being. It was a beautiful car, I put a ton into it, and got even more in return. It was super fun while it lasted, but all good things must come to an end.

Users who are viewing this thread