Fan replacement options?

black2oo1venom

Established Member
So I was out tuning the car last night, brought it in to the driveway and was idling, cooling it down and looking at my idle AFR, when all of a sudden my fan just decides its had enough. I have not taken it off yet to figure out what exactly happened, but I can tell it's gone. I want to go ahead and replace it with something slimmer (for more room for my turbo setup) and better, if possible.

Questions are; What aftermarket fan is a good replacement, and how do I need to wire it in? Is the main wire that feeds the fan a switched 12V circuit that I can just splice into, or is it more complicated than that? If it weren't for wanting to keep the ECU controlled fan I'd just wire one up on a switch or with a fan controller or something. So what would be best in my situation? I need something as slim as possible.

Also, my buddy has a fan off a 90's Taurus that moves 4300CFM that I can get cheap. Would this work well, or should I stay away? What is the CFM rating for the stock fan, and how many amps does it pull?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
alot of guys have done research on this and found a Mark 7 or 8 fan to have the highest cfm rating available. maybe tauras is the same? some have added it, some have failed. its tough because you have to figure out the dual speed wiring and such I guess. and a way to mount it

why not just get a stocker from Ford that bolts right in and be done? seems to work fine for 800hp+ guys running it w/ turbo's.

black2oo1venom

Established Member
I just wanted a smaller fan to be honest. It would allow me to fix a couple fitment "annoyances" that I have with the setup. Oh well, looks like stock fan it is. Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread