Family trip to the Smoky Mountains= Fall pics

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
I've been the the Smoky Mountains many times in my life, but this was the first time I've been in fall. For most people this looks like nothing special, but keep in mind, I come from an area where the temps hardly change and neither do the leaves. Those of you in my situation may appreciate the pics :beer:.

0869w.jpg

0876w.jpg

0893w.jpg

0905w.jpg

0972w.jpg

0986w.jpg

0996w.jpg

1006w.jpg

1009w.jpg

1012w.jpg

1020w.jpg

1021w.jpg

1024w.jpg

1027w.jpg

1034w.jpg

1037w.jpg

1045w.jpg

Enjoy :)

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Pretty trees.. Where are the mountains?? ;)

Haha, good call. Most of these pics were taken in the valley areas of the Smokies, but then again, the Appalachian Mountain range as a whole is an old mountain range which has been shrinking, so yea, the mountains are apparently disappearing. I was hoping to make it to Clingmans dome which is the highest peak in the Smokies, but the road was closed that day because of weather. But coming from a life long Floridian, anything seems like a mountain.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Haha, good call. Most of these pics were taken in the valley areas of the Smokies, but then again, the Appalachian Mountain range as a whole is an old mountain range which has been shrinking, so yea, the mountains are apparently disappearing. I was hoping to make it to Clingmans dome which is the highest peak in the Smokies, but the road was closed that day because of weather.

What areas did you drive through? I haven't been up through the park in a few years. Cobra_4 lives around the area in Franklin, NC.

----------------
Now playing: AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
via FoxyTunes

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
What areas did you drive through? I haven't been up through the park in a few years. Cobra_4 lives around the area in Franklin, NC.

----------------
Now playing: AC/DC - You Shook Me All Night Long
via FoxyTunes

We stayed in Townsend, Tennessee not too far from where most of the pictures were taken in Cades Cove and Gatlinburg. The picture of the Elk was taken on the way to Cherokee, NC. The Elk was literally 50 yards from the road with cars passing by. And yea, Elk have be re-introduced to the Smokies as of 2001 (I believe). They used to be native to the area until they were over hunted in the early 1800's. So needless to say, it was a lucky find.

Ralo

Established Member
Gatlinburg is a cool town. I guess I never really thought about more southern states not really ever getting a fall.

97cobra1

Established Member
Nice pics. I love living here, 20 minutes from Townsend and work in Gatlinburg. Going out through the park is probably one of my favorite rides when i get a chance to take my bike out.

I'll see about getting up to Clingmans Dome and getting some pictures for ya to add to the thread. Won't be anywhere near as good though, quiality wise.

themadgnome

I don't talk stock
Established Member
Nice pics. I love living here, 20 minutes from Townsend and work in Gatlinburg. Going out through the park is probably one of my favorite rides when i get a chance to take my bike out.
I'll see about getting up to Clingmans Dome and getting some pictures for ya to add to the thread. Won't be anywhere near as good though, quiality wise.

I'm assuming you live around Marrysville? And hell yea, that would be much appreciated. It's been a while since I've been to Clingmans dome and unfortunately I didn't have a camera the last time. I'm very envious of your drive to work lol, the whole time we were cruising through the twisties I kept thinking about how fun it would be to have my Lightning there. Maybe someday I will get to appreciate it.

Last edited:

SNCBOOM

Established Member
the whole time we were cruising through the twisties I kept thinking about how fun it would be to have my Lightning there. Maybe someday I will get to appreciate it.

It's fun :D When I went to Knoxville to pick up my puppy a few years ago I made it a point to drive through them there and back.

97cobra1

Established Member
I'm assuming you live around Marrysville? And hell yea, that would be much appreciated. It's been a while since I've been to Clingmans dome and unfortunately I didn't have a camera the last time. I'm very envious of your drive to work lol, the whole time we were cruising through the twisties I kept thinking about how fun it would be to have my Lightning there. Maybe someday I will get to appreciate it.

No, i live in Pigeon Forge. And it's a blast living here on these roads because they have to keep them so well maintained due to high tourism. I get to go out and play in the mountains quite a bit in my car and bike both.

Plus Deals Gap is less than an hour away from my house also.

Users who are viewing this thread