False zero fuel remaining light

RedZR

Established Member
Hello,

My 2008 has been in storage for a 4 months with the battery unhooked. I charged the battery (topped it up a tad with my charger) and started the car. All was well except for the "zero fuel remaining" light came on but the fuel gauge read between 1/4 and 1/2 tank of fuel.

The car is a 2008 with 16k miles and a TVS with a BAP and 2.4 pulley.

The car drove fine and that light was the only issue and it had never done this before.

Anyone have any experience with this and can suggest a fix?

Thanks,
Dan

SCGallo2

Balanced performance
Established Member
Premium Member
That is odd. I would fill up with fresh premium gas and see what your fuel gauge (analog reading) and fuel miles remaining (computer calculation) do at that point. If fuel miles remaining isn't over 200 miles with a full tank, I would perform a KAM reset by disconnecting the battery again, then reconnecting it after 30 minutes or so and see what that does.

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I would start as above but was the fuel pump recently removed? There's a cross over tube to get fuel from side to side and that can be missed or fall off during fuel pump work.
-J

RedZR

Established Member
Thanks All,

I read on another post that adding Techron will help clean the components in the tank so I added that. I will also fill it up and disconnect the battery to see what that does for it.

Thank you for the responses.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread