Fallout 3

OzzDOA

E-Green and Mean!
Established Member
Anyone else playing this?

I played the first two in the late 90's and loved them so I picked this up over the weekend.

Only problem I am having is I am constantly running low on ammo. Anyone know a good spot to buy or scavenge more ammo?

greenstang1313

back in black
Established Member
My friend bought it this weekend he said the first 5 hours of gameplay are boring as hell but after that its really good.

he said the game is a 100 hours long does anyone know if thats true?

SnkBtn99

Speeding bullet!!
Established Member
Hell, in WaW I just have to shoot the other poor bastard to get ammo. What's this buying ammo crapola??

fiveohhhstang

Established Member
Yeah you can just shoot other people and take their ammo. Bottle caps are used as money and the more caps you collect the more you can trade or buy.

Bullitt995

Will race for food
Established Member
Just be as mean as possible and kill everyone. If you do this you end up with tons of money and ammo.

Gringo185

2nd Civ Div
Established Member
I have a bunch of friends that bought it and LOVE it. I want to get it. But I'm not sure I have the attention span for such a huge game.

My friend bought it this weekend he said the first 5 hours of gameplay are boring as hell but after that its really good.

he said the game is a 100 hours long does anyone know if thats true?

To complete 100% of the main and side missions, that's what I heard too. As far as just going strictly for the main campaign, I heard it's somewhere in the 20s.

Darcsun

Established Member
Great game. Too short though... you cap at level 20. It's built on the oblivion engine, but the battle setup is way better.

rotor_powerd

Established Member
Premium Member
I "bought" it, haven't had a chance to really play it yet. A few of my friends say it's really good though.

83 5oh

Wait, Wait...Thats a Cat?
Established Member
I rented it from blockbuster last monday and beat it by wed. It's a sweet game i liked it. Took me like 18 hrs to do some of the side missions and complete the main. Megaton is a good place to trade but what i would suggest is you keep the guns you like and just buy ammo for those. Say you pick up like 6 hunting rifles, sell 5 of them or use two to fix one. The Ghouls have caps on them almost all the time. The Super Mutants keep like body parts in bags or like wrapped in chicken wire. Those bags almost always have like 15-20 caps and theres loads of them. Oh the place where the vampires are the Family's hiding place that guy usually has good amounts of ammo. I'd use the caps to buy stinpacks. It's still fresh in my head i had tuesday off and spent all day in my undies with cheetos scattered about and a 24 pack of DEW. My eyeballs felt like sand paper when i took my first break 4 hrs into it. If you've ever seen anyone play you realize that they blink like once every 10 minutes lol.

Jake_GT

Established Member
I beat the main quest in like 21 hours but after doing almost every single side quest im at 97 hours right now

burnzilla

Established Member
Everyone needs to play this game.
Even if you dont like shooters (youre imbred), its a must play.

Steeda30

Clearance Clarence
Established Member
Bought it for the PC off of Steam.

It's awesome, I completed the main quest in 13 hours, which seemed too short, maybe I took shortcuts that I didn't know about. Going back and doing side quests now, pretty fun. Trying to play it as a good guy, but sometimes I just can't resist lighting some cocky asshole on fire with my flamethrower, looting him, then throwing him off of a cliff - chew on that mother f'cker! :D.

I've given water to that begger outside of Megaton several times, and if he asks me again, I'm going to set him on fire as well, then I bet he'll really be wanting that water! I'll loot him too, :D That'll teach him to ask me for water again, that cocky SOB. "Please sir, water, please do you have any?" "Nope, but I got some of this! :burn:"

I bought me a crib up in Megaton the other day, bought all the expensive additions as well like the infirmary, workbench, jukebox, and science lab - I'm ballin' outta control.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread