Fall 2017 GT500 supercharged voodoo, 10 speed auto and....

biminiLX

never stock
Established Member
Premium Member
I think N/A is out for the power they want. Why go big natural when a 4.0 tt set up can give more with less weight?
X2
The 5.2 CPC/2650 TVS/10R auto is the simplest and what I'm expecting, but still hoping for TT Ecobeast.
I don't see the big NA 7.0L making enough power.
I would however love a big 7.0! And yes, I'd have it boosted right away.
-J

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
Anybody expecting a mega HP car from Ford to top the Demon's power is setting themselves up for disappointment. There was the Easter egg pic of the '18 gauge cluster showing 755. Some have speculated that will be the power target of the next GT500. I'm not entirely convinced that it is. If Ford can keep the weight of the GT500 in check, it won't need 800+ HP to beat the Demon. Wouldn't it be better bragging rights if Ford beats them with less HP in a car that's not even setup for drag racing??

Speaking of which, I don't think the GT500 is going to be a straight line car anymore. And it shouldn't be! It's my belief and hope that it will be like the 911 Turbo (S) is to the GT3. And I'm still hoping there will be a GT500KR that will be like the GT2 RS. (Porsche is developing a 991.2 GT2 RS. It would be super cool if Ford dropped a GT500KR to nip at its heals like the GT350R does the GT3.)

GT350R - GT3/GT3 RS (to a lesser extent)
GT500 - 911 Turbo
GT500 Track Pack - 911 Turbo S
GT500KR - 911 GT2 RS

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Anybody expecting a mega HP car from Ford to top the Demon's power is setting themselves up for disappointment. There was the Easter egg pic of the '18 gauge cluster showing 755. Some have speculated that will be the power target of the next GT500. I'm not entirely convinced that it is. If Ford can keep the weight of the GT500 in check, it won't need 800+ HP to beat the Demon.
Speaking of which, I don't think the GT500 is going to be a straight line car anymore.

I'll agree with that. I don't think the new GT500 will be beating the Demon. I don't think Chevy or Ford will be beating the Demon anytime soon in a straight line.
I wouldn't mind the new GT500 being part track and part drag strip beast.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Established Member
So no one. Just what you feel. We have two threads in both of the Depwraith has said his contact, an engineer working on the gt500, stated their have been two power plants. A blower and twin turbo. Since the announcement of the Demon Ford is focusing on the twin turbo.

Besides all the garbage pill has spewed this seems credible.

800+hp from an OEM V8?

Besides, I specifically said Port Direct Injection was coming in 2018 and you were clueless.

I also reported the 2018 refresh, both GT and GT350 MSRP's as well as the power increase in 2018 remember?

Still BS right?

Or the fact that the GT350 was coming at all...

Sorry, that was ALL thePill.

I haven't seen anything of value from any of these posters. The very situation you claimed to be "crazy" exist in reality today.

We didn't get a 2017 GT500... and that's about the only error so far.

If 800+Hp is the target, it's not supercharged. Other than that, pretty much everything discussed over yonder has come 100% true.

I think a reason most people abandoned this section in 2014 was due to these "sources" not providing anything of value.

thePill provides content to discuss, most in which becomes accurate.

DBK is as involved in Ford as thePill is... meaning he isn't involved at all.

But let's compare my reports to his and then you can decide on your own. Everyone is old enough to do this I think.

conceptmachine

Established Member
Anybody expecting a mega HP car from Ford to top the Demon's power is setting themselves up for disappointment. There was the Easter egg pic of the '18 gauge cluster showing 755. Some have speculated that will be the power target of the next GT500. I'm not entirely convinced that it is. If Ford can keep the weight of the GT500 in check, it won't need 800+ HP to beat the Demon. Wouldn't it be better bragging rights if Ford beats them with less HP in a car that's not even setup for drag racing??

Speaking of which, I don't think the GT500 is going to be a straight line car anymore. And it shouldn't be! It's my belief and hope that it will be like the 911 Turbo (S) is to the GT3. And I'm still hoping there will be a GT500KR that will be like the GT2 RS. (Porsche is developing a 991.2 GT2 RS. It would be super cool if Ford dropped a GT500KR to nip at its heals like the GT350R does the GT3.)

GT350R - GT3/GT3 RS (to a lesser extent)
GT500 - 911 Turbo
GT500 Track Pack - 911 Turbo S
GT500KR - 911 GT2 RS

I believe the Easter egg was displayed before the demon was unveiled.
That said, I don't think there is any reason ford couldn't add more HP.
I believe also that Ford won't try to compete with the demon in over all HP.
It will be looking at the ZL1 - l1E which will make it a more fun car IMO.
I wouldnt be surprised to see 800 in drag pack form with possibly a key to unlock it from 750's.
I also expect a track pack option or KR version, which is going to be my choice.
I can live with less HP.

So- in essence I can see 800+ HP drag pack option and a 750hp track pack option. I can see the GT500 having less HP than the demon but competing and doing very well on the street against it. * street racing is wrong*;)

Last edited:

RJM

Informed SVT Poster
Established Member
Update, so word around the shop now is the car I posted about was not a Gt500 mule but a ford performance mule testing a GT350 blower option for the catalog. There is so much misinformation around the shop that I'm starting to think they tell this group of bosses this and that group that and a 3rd group something else just to mess with everyone.

also there is a 5.2 long block in tear down that is NOT a flat plane crank, everything else seems to be voodoo but the crank.

Like I said, misinformation around the shop but I got most of it right. OK so no 10 speed..... so far! muhahahaha. So 9 months ago when I started this thread....BUT NOOOO, LOL

Users who are viewing this thread