Falken FK452s

exdeath

Established Member
Anyone run these tires?

The 18" wheels I want to run 335 Nittos on are back order and hard to find at the moment, so I ended up having to replace my balding street tires to hold me over until then. Tried waiting as long as possible so I didn't have two new sets of tires, but one finally sprung a fast leak that required air every morning, so I could no longer wait for the new wheels before getting new tires.

The only 275/40/17 tire in stock anywhere in town were a single pair of Falken FK452s, and I have to say they hook like a mother for plain old $150/tire street tires. Granted I'm down to only a 2.76 upper with supporting mods and Amazon tune at the moment but I can floor it in first from a 10 roll and need a chiropractor. Haven't tried launching just because they feel so good I'm afraid of popping something and I haven't beefed up the rear yet. The FE512s I had before were nothing like this and would break lose in 3rd and 4th on a freeway stomp.

Highly recommended for a non-drag radial street tire.

Last edited:

MikeW

Established Member
I run the 452's and love'um. Got my dad sold on them too. They ride nice .. they have ow noise and they do seem to have nice traction.

Congrats on the new shoes :beer:

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
I had them on my rear tires for a while and a friend of mine did too. They are made for high performance luxury cars, so they should have good traction and handling. I liked em except I had 295/30/18's and the sidewall was a bit too thin for my taste.

apexasphalt

Storm
Established Member
Anyone run these tires?

The 18" wheels I want to run 335 Nittos on are back order and hard to find at the moment, so I ended up having to replace my balding street tires to hold me over until then. Tried waiting as long as possible so I didn't have two new sets of tires, but one finally sprung a fast leak that required air every morning, so I could no longer wait for the new wheels before getting new tires.

The only 275/40/17 tire in stock anywhere in town were a single pair of Falken FK452s, and I have to say they hook like a mother for plain old $150/tire street tires. Granted I'm down to only a 2.76 upper with supporting mods and Amazon tune at the moment but I can floor it in first from a 10 roll and need a chiropractor. Haven't tried launching just because they feel so good I'm afraid of popping something and I haven't beefed up the rear yet. The FE512s I had before were nothing like this and would break lose in 3rd and 4th on a freeway stomp.

Highly recommended for a non-drag radial street tire.

ok so all i have is a CAI and a catback, with nitto 555s 285/35 on da rear and i spin in first at anyspeed or rpm and most of 2nd. um i thought nittos were good tires. i mean you got a pully and tune and barely spin with these tires?? i gota get some.

sunburned

I miss my torque
Established Member
Haven't been able to coax any wheel hop either, and I haven't touched the IRS yet.

Ha, I had no problem getting the IRS to hop with FK452s. Of course, I don't have the terminator torque either.

Jefe

Established Member
Just talked to Thomas as Discount about getting some replacement Sumitomo's. They went up to $150/each for a 275/40/17. He recommended those falkens insteads and they came out to like $135/each. Dont know what im gonna do...

Knoxville COBRA

Established Member
I run them on the front and love em, No noise and priced good.As soon as the backs wear down(shouldnt tke long:lol:) i will give them a shot.

Users who are viewing this thread