• No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Fobra's cousin

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saleen498

Established Member

New video out by thisdudeinblue. Love his content, but his guest and car this time has been rubbing me the wrong way. Am I wrong for wanting it refered to as a clone car since the kid has known for years it is not an authentic saleen? Or since he is just a kid should we all look the other way and hope 10 years from now some new unsuspecting kid doesnt pay a ridiculous price for a "rare saleen" that is just a GT?

LS WUT

Established Member
That’s a tough call, I’d say the purist in me is against it. However I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to build a 1995 cobra R type replica myself in the future. Not an exact obviously.

Saleen498

Established Member
That’s a tough call, I’d say the purist in me is against it. However I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t going to build a 1995 cobra R type replica myself in the future. Not an exact obviously.
I have nothing against building a clone. When you build your replica you wouldnt parade it around as authentic im sure.
It is becoming documented here that im building mine into a saleen cobra clone but i would never call it a saleen cobra.

LS WUT

Established Member
For sure, truthfully I merely just want a 95 cobra with the cobra R hood. Mine wouldn’t be white, it would be red. I wouldn’t ever call it one. A true enthusiast would know the 95’s only came in white right ?

PC03GT

Established Member
Whatever floats your boat, faleens and fobras make the prices of the real ones go up.

Saleen498

Established Member
Screenshot_20230717-123157_Samsung Internet.jpg
Screenshot_20230717-123129_Samsung Internet.jpg

Straight from Saleen just now.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I can't watch the video right now, but if it's a clone it should be stated as such. There was a guy around here that did a Cobra swap on a V6. Body pieces, interior, and eventually the drivetrain. He had a nice paint job done too. The problem was he kept saying it was a Cobra and tried to pass it off as one. At one of the big shows he was parked with the Cobras and had a crowd around the car and he was talking about his Cobra. My buddy asked if this was the one that started as a V6. The guy got real quiet and mumbled a yes. The car was nice, but it wasn't a Cobra.

Saleen498

Established Member
Been having fun digging up info on this. Had the letter of authenticity for the real 99-0345 car and wrecked pics sent to me so now i think whe know where he got the badging
99-345.2.JPG
99-345.1.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread