Fair price for a 2011 Base GT?

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member
Looking at a base 2011 GT. Non Brembo, just has 3.73s, 20k, bone stock except for a pair of mufflers (that will be replaced, they are too loud). He's asking $25k. It's in good shape, will need tires shortly, shows normal wear for a 2 year old car that's got 20k on it. Not a show winner, just normal.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Looking at a base 2011 GT. Non Brembo, just has 3.73s, 20k, bone stock except for a pair of mufflers (that will be replaced, they are too loud). He's asking $25k. It's in good shape, will need tires shortly, shows normal wear for a 2 year old car that's got 20k on it. Not a show winner, just normal.

Too much IMO. A new base 12' after rebates can be had for nearly the same amount.

22k is a fair price.

casper gt

Established Member
too much, keep looking.

I paid just under 26k for mine new & the auto is a 1200 option.

I'm shure there are plenty of 12's new around you for that price

01GTB

Established Member
too much, keep looking.

I paid just under 26k for mine new & the auto is a 1200 option.

I'm shure there are plenty of 12's new around you for that price

Base '12s are getting a little tough to locate. I wish I could find one. It's exactly what I am looking for myself. Base automatic. Galpin has a black one, but I can't go 2500 miles to get it. Well, not this time of year ;-) I was looking for Kona Blue, but the only close match I found was in Hawaii.

badasso3

Established Member
I'm not up to date on used 11' and 12' but I would say 23k would be absolute max I would pay for a base. I was looking for a used 5.0 earlier this year but ended up buying a new 12' with all the rebates Ford was offering. I ended up paying more than what I wanted to but it's my first brand new car! The price differences for used vs new werent that far apart and the wifey said ok so..... They are difficult to find though, used or new. Keep looking.

AWESOMO 4000

Established Member
Thanks fellas, appreciate the feedback. Drove a base on Saturday....quick, decent inside, a bit of a rental car vibe about it innards, but I could care less about the stereo, I hardly blast music anymore anyway. Just kind of torn between a GT and a Challenger. If I'm going to pay the long dollar, I'd rather have a Premium or Brembo package. Challenger isn't the fastest thing in the world. Cute in the face, big in the waist, but a nice cruiser.

charba951

BOOSTTD
Established Member

Paid 25K for mine new...how many miles?

dumbstixlars

Established Member
Ha ha @ Chally comment. I was torn between them as well. I wanted the Dodge since they came out in 09. Went with the 5.0 cause it is more of a driver's car. I got my base 12' for less then $28K OTD with 4 miles on it in Feb. $25K is way too much.

Speed2five.0

Established Member
I paid $25,700 for my 2011 5.0 premium with 401a package bassani axle back, saleen grill and only 11k miles. If you can't find a decent price used one then just go new for a little more.

11GT50

Reality Checker
Established Member
$25k is way too much for that. I wouldn't give him any more than $21k for it....maaaaaybe $22k.

Users who are viewing this thread