Fade I have a question 4 u

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
I have the 15" TCE kit. I would do them again in a heartbeat. If I didn't do the 15" kit I'd most certainly get his 13" kit which is an awesome kit as well.

The only drawback is the kit I have won't work with anything other than a 20" or larger diameter wheel. The 13" kit will work with stock wheels. Give Todd at www.tceperformanceproducts.com a call and he will be glad to help you. Let me know if you have any more ?'s or want any more info.

I will say the ONLY drawback to this kit right now is that there is only one choice of pad compound and while they work awesome I'd personally like a little more aggressive material. If a few more kits are sold (I have the only one out there that I know of) then the pads won't be a problem I'm sure.

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
Fade 2 Black said:
I have the 15" TCE kit. I would do them again in a heartbeat. If I didn't do the 15" kit I'd most certainly get his 13" kit which is an awesome kit as well.

The only drawback is the kit I have won't work with anything other than a 20" or larger diameter wheel. The 13" kit will work with stock wheels. Give Todd at www.tceperformanceproducts.com a call and he will be glad to help you. Let me know if you have any more ?'s or want any more info.

I will say the ONLY drawback to this kit right now is that there is only one choice of pad compound and while they work awesome I'd personally like a little more aggressive material. If a few more kits are sold (I have the only one out there that I know of) then the pads won't be a problem I'm sure.

How much did they run you, I am thinking of going the same way. Are they 2 or 4 piston front, and what are the rear....

thanks alot fo all the help :rockon:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
The fronts are a 15.250" diameter x 1.250" thick two piece rotors with 6 piston differential bore calipers. I can't reveal what I paid for them, I made a one time deal with Todd to do some R&D with the prototype kit that I have. The kit lists on his site for @3100 which is unbeatable for what you get. The 13" kit simply cannot be touched for the value.

The rears are stock, no real need for one but you can speak with Todd about the possibility of a one off kit if you want.

Time for OUTBACK STEAKHOUSE, be back later.

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
BWT congrats on the 3000. Anyways, 6 piston WOW do you have any porblem with the front end locking up? it seems like that might be overkill, like maybe to much break.... what do you think?

again thanks.

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
No problems at all. The total piston area was calculated by Todd and is actually a little less than stock so the front/rear bias insn't compromised. They do work much better than stock and will active the ABS at about half pedal travel under moderate to heavy pedal force but I've had no issues with them in the past 2K miles.

The main thing about a BBK is that you can only have so much braking force applied and bigger brakes doesn't necessarily mean shorter stops. Bigger brakes just have to work a lot less to achieve the same end result and with 5K #'s that's a plus. Todd can probably explain it to you better than I can.

Gratuitous pics:
Pictures don't do them justice, the cailipers are 13" from end to end alone!
kit46az.jpg

mountedbbk4pm.jpg

bbkinstalled0037wo.jpg

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
Cool! Don't forget to send Todd an old set of rotors if you can to save 200 bucks on the hubs, that's what I did. Let me know when the time comes if you have any ?'s about the installation and so on.

Todd TCE

Established Member
There are two options of piston area for the these calipers. The larger one will not yield the same pedal feedback and be a tad softer. With total torque values I feel this one used is going to prove the optimum size, but if someone wants to try the other we can do that as well.

Pads are a problem currently. I do not see Wilwood offering other compounds for this application currently. We can however do some Hawk HT10s for these. Too the tune of about $400 for the box. What can I say? You want track pads, you gotta pay. No, I mean reeally pay!

Final spec for the production of kits will be a nice round 15.5" for 20" wheels.

Rear kits? Always open to phone conversations to explain the hows and whys on this one.

silversvt02

OIL FIELD BABY!!!!
Established Member
sounds good, but I am no good on the phone, its like my brain is faster than my mouth....I tend to say dumbass things on th phone..lol...but I think I will call.

Users who are viewing this thread