Factory subwoofer

jay38372

Established Member
Ok need some help from the tech guru's here. I bought a factory amp, bracket and subwoofer for the 14 that didn't have one from the factory, if I add this to the car is there anything I need to change to the settings to make it work I believe mine from the factory is the shaker 500 system but not positive, I just wanted some bass in the back of the car. Thanks Jay

jay38372

Established Member
I bought it used for $250 including shipping but after test fitting it, it takes up a whole lot of room so now I'm wondering which way to go lol.

jay38372

Established Member
Ok so I installed the factory sub into my car late last nite but doesn't seem like it's working, it was working from the car it came out of so is there a setting or am I doing something wrong. Any help please.

Teddy O

Established Member
Ok need some help from the tech guru's here. I bought a factory amp, bracket and subwoofer for the 14 that didn't have one from the factory, if I add this to the car is there anything I need to change to the settings to make it work I believe mine from the factory is the shaker 500 system but not positive, I just wanted some bass in the back of the car. Thanks Jay

Ok so I installed the factory sub into my car late last nite but doesn't seem like it's working, it was working from the car it came out of so is there a setting or am I doing something wrong. Any help please.

I was under the impression that the factory wiring for the sub wasn't there if the car didn't come with the sub. I take it this is incorrect? Was the plug there in the trunk to plug into your new OEM sub/amp?

Teddy O

Established Member
Yep plug is in the trunk behind the trim panel and plugged right up to the amp.

I'm curious what the answer is here, so I did some research, and found 2 seperate conversations on different forums claiming the radio needs to be reprogrammed by Ford. Sorry.

LEXiiON

Poser !!!!!!!!
Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Party Liquor Posse
I'm curious what the answer is here, so I did some research, and found 2 seperate conversations on different forums claiming the radio needs to be reprogrammed by Ford. Sorry.

Might be true. The cable is there, regardless if the car came with it or not. I would first check if Fuse 20 (30A) is present in the BJB (the fuse box in the engine bay). If it is there, then the Head unit needs to be enabled to support AUX2. You can use companies like 4dtech to get it programmed, other than Ford.

LEXiiON

Teddy O

Established Member
Might be true. The cable is there, regardless if the car came with it or not. I would first check if Fuse 20 (30A) is present in the BJB (the fuse box in the engine bay). If it is there, then the Head unit needs to be enabled to support AUX2. You can use companies like 4dtech to get it programmed, other than Ford.

LEXiiON

Good idea checking for the fuse! I always forget to keep it simple. Great info, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread