Factory Sirius satellite radio tuner?

cmm3

Established Member
Does anyone have for sale, or know where I can get, a factory satellite tuner module to plug into the 16 pin port on the back of my Mach460 radio? I'm not looking for an aftermarket version, but an OEM version so I can use an AUX-FRD04 aux input adapter to work.
Alternatively, does anyone have a link to the site describing how to solder in a 3.5mm jack to the factory radio? I saw the instructions once, years ago, but no keyword combo has led me to the instructions now that I need them.

Thanks,
C

01yellercobra

Established Member
AFAIK it was never an option for our generation. So you're not going to find an adapter.

I've never seen anyone solder in a 3.5mm jack. That's interesting.

cmm3

Established Member
I was afraid of that. The radio has the Sat button, and the port on the back, so I figured there had to be a dealer installed option.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The adapter you linked should work (assuming its the right one) for either. It gives you RCA inputs to the radio. You can easily add anything at that point that has RCA style cables (3.5 mm, satellite radio, bluetooth adapter, etc.)

cmm3

Established Member
The problem with the AUX-FRD04 is that it has to be plugged in BETWEEN the radio and the Sat tuner module. Without the module, the radio does not recognize Sat or Aux as an input option. AUX-FRD04 is not an input, but it hijacks the actual Sat tuner input.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
The problem with the AUX-FRD04 is that it has to be plugged in BETWEEN the radio and the Sat tuner module. Without the module, the radio does not recognize Sat or Aux as an input option. AUX-FRD04 is not an input, but it hijacks the actual Sat tuner input.

I don't think that's how it works (I'm also not sure that's the right module for you radio). Despite you having the indash changer the stereo still has the option to control an external CD changer or rear seat contorls. This device plugs into that port tricking the radio to thinking it has an external changer. Instead of a changer though you now have RCA plugs that you can plug anything into.

P.I.E Aux Input Adapter For Ford

"This adapter lets you listen to a portable MP3 player or just about any other external source through select Ford sound systems, by converting the CD changer input on the factory radio into an auxiliary input."

I have an 01 so my adapter is slightly different (it has an old 30 pin apple plug instead of RCA jacks) and I don't have the sat/aux button. But my radio still had the option control an external CD changer. To change I hit the CD button again and the stereo turns over to that input. I have a bluetooth adapter plugged into 30 pin apple plug that allows me to stream from my phone or use a 3.5 mm plug.

I currently have this and it works perfect - PAC iSimple PDXP Adapter

I have this one laying around somewhere too that I'd give if I could find it - USA SPEC iPod® Interface for Ford

I just snapped this pic 10 mins ago of it working. It will say CD if using the internal changer (that still works!) or DJ if using the external input.

Stereo.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread