Factory Navigation Disc

SimplexDesign

Established Member
To make a long story short, I bought a factory nav from a member here for my 08 GT500. They claimed that the Navteq disc was inside the unit when they shipped it, but when booting the unit up it says the disc is missing and to insert one. Does anyone know if its possible for the discs to dislodge during movement/shipping, or is this guy lying by saying it was inside the unit? Any help/info would be greatly appreciated.

Zemedici

Established Member
no way for it to dislodge if it didnt have power.

Can go through the dealer and get another disc for ~$150

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Make sure an open the dvd part to make sure. Possible somethihg may have happened during shipping. Either way youll know for sure when you eject it.

fmylife

Established Member
Do you have to go through a Ford dealer to get updated discs or is there a better place to get them?

SimplexDesign

Established Member
no way for it to dislodge if it didnt have power.

Can go through the dealer and get another disc for ~$150

You don't think it can simply fall off a tray or something? I don't know how the discs are held in but I know with most CD/DVD players you can't flip the player upside down or move it too much while a disc is inside.

Make sure an open the dvd part to make sure. Possible somethihg may have happened during shipping. Either way youll know for sure when you eject it.

When the menu says "no Nav disc detected, do you want to load one?" I hit yes and the screen folds down and nothing comes out of the unit, I'm just afraid to load any disc and have it jam inside with another disc if it is loose inside.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread