factory freak 2011 gt?

wtfchuck

Established Member
so i'm willing to bet you say BS before you even finish reading my entire post or say high reading dyno yada yada. me and a few friends went to coastal dyno here in tampa florida and had our cars dyno'd. this is a mustang dyno and sam the owner did all the pulls. well my friend who has a 2011 c/s with jlt intake, and bassani cbe with a bama tune. his made 429hp. so we slapped mine on there just for shits and giggles cause we had ran at the track and i was keeping up with him. so onto my pull. first pull 415hp/385tq, i was like bullshit no way my car is doin that. second pull 418hp/386tq. only mod on my car is hush power axle backs. i'm sure by now ur saying BS i must have a tune. i don't, i will take my car to the ford dealer to prove i don't. i'm paranoid about this #8. his printer wasn't working so i didn't get a graph but he will be emailing them to me and as soon as he does i will post them. onto the videos:
pull 1
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/8JxJH63uxoI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

pull 2

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TbuMl5kfEvo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

01bluesnake

Established Member
Power seems a little high on both cars, not just yours. What gear did he do the pulls on and what correction was done on the graph. You shouldn't need to worry about the #8 since you dont have a tune and just a axle back.

phack

Established Member
Power seems a little high on both cars, not just yours. What gear did he do the pulls on and what correction was done on the graph. You shouldn't need to worry about the #8 since you dont have a tune and just a axle back.

Ditto. I'd say that dyno is reading anywhere from 20-30 HP high.

TheCPE

Skeptic
Established Member
What is more interesting about this isn't the absolute values but the small differential between a tuned cai and exhaust GT and a stock one.

There is only a ~15hp difference which could mean it potentially is stronger than your friends was stock or that the cai and tune didn't make as much as advertised for your friend. Interesting...

BigMackCoyote

I have a Boost Leak!
Established Member
That is really high for a mustang dyno. Most people see around 330/310 on a mustang dyno stock. I saw 367/336 on a dynojet with just muffler delete. Another new 5.0 was there the same dyno day with boss intake manifold, airraid intake,tune and o/r x and only made 429hp. Congrats on the numbers but i believe that is reading high.

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
Take it to the track! With those numbers, it should trap 118+mph, but could also be an off dyno. With those numbers, you are 40hp higher than my ProCal numbers (mine being dynojet).

wtfchuck

Established Member
faux gas cap is plasti dipped, mph was 113 in the 1/4, 91mph in the 1/8. i only had a few passes and this was my first time launching a rwd car. i didn't flat foot shift either. going back to the track here very soon though. ill have graphs up soon as he emails them to me. im gonna have to call him tomorrow and remind him to email them. i will find a dynojet dyno tomorrow hopefully to back this up

Last edited:

Red Turtle

ALWAYS WATCHING
Super Moderator
faux gas cap is plasti dipped, mph was 113 in the 1/4, 91mph in the 1/8. i only had a few passes and this was my first time launching a rwd car. i didn't flat foot shift either. going back to the track here very soon though. ill have graphs up soon as he emails them to me. im gonna have to call him tomorrow and remind him to email them. i will find a dynojet dyno tomorrow hopefully to back this up

Mine dyno'd at 379rwhp on a dynojet and ran 113.53 in the 1/4 last month. Sounds like the dyno is off.

StevenStarke

Fast/Reliable/Cheap pick2
Established Member
Dyno is off on both cars dude. Maybe he forgot to take the heat gun off the temp sensor from the last car he tuned, lol

GabeMarlin

V8/RWD Fanatic
Established Member
Take it to a real dyno, a dynojet.
If you think a dynojet is better than a mustang dyno, there isn't even any point in arguing with you. Dyno's are for tuning, before and after runs on the same car on the same day are the only dyno #s that matter, and you can do much more in depth tuning with a mustang dyno. Most shops have dynojets because they are half the price of a real load based dyno. (eg. Mustang dyno)

Users who are viewing this thread