factory floor mats? trunk net?

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
I bought my 04 cobra from the original owner and it has mats that match the carpet well, but the driver's mat is smaller than what I generally see in photos. In fact, it is too small to hook on the plastic thing protruding out of the carpet to hold the driver's floor-mat in place. could these possibly be the original floor-mats?

Also, did all of these cars come with the trunk-net?

This guy didn't seem the type to swap anything like the floor-mats out, or the trunk net either. He even had the un-worn Ford racing cap in the car still and gave it to me along with all of the paperwork.

:shrug:

Juruense

Banned
I do not believe they came with a trunk net and the stock floor mat absolutely hooks onto the retainer hook.

D-Con

...Rather have a Buick?
Established Member
Hm, maybe I'll call the guy and ask if he has the original mats.

Where could I have getten the idea they had a junk-net in the trunk?

Nutty 5.0

Established Member
I have a March 03 built 03 and has the hooks for the net (No net) but would like to get a net for it. Anyone know where to get them?

mblgjr

Pay Attention Boy!
Established Member
You *may* be able to still get the cargo net from Ford; sometimes they discontinue things like that from the accessory line...

Steve @ Tousley would be your best bet

1-800-328-9552

As far as I now only the early '03s got the net in the rear.

The factory mats are still available and they absolutely hook onto the placeholder finger. You can still get them and there used to be a nicer set from Ford as well that had the coiled Cobra emblem with the COBRA in block letters across the bottom. I got a set of those and put my stock ones up.

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
OEM floor mats $36.00.
Cargo net $15.00.

Both found on e-bay if you can be patient for a few weeks.

03cobramanIII

Banned
how many net hooks are in the trunk area. i got 2 but i dont know if there in the right place? in the trunk on both sides up top? or on the back part of the tail lamps? or is ther 4 ? mines an early 03 i think but got it used.? it did have the vert top cover peice boot they call it .

jbrown1238

Built on 4-7-03 @ 3:47:15
Established Member
There are four hooks but only the two behind the tail lights are used for the cargo net.

Jeff

Users who are viewing this thread