Factory Cover?

aksvt

Established Member
My car was ordered with the factory cover but it seems that the dealer has lost it. Does it normally ship in the car or is it sent to the dealer separately? I found only front floor mats and the three piece splitter inside the car, they had me check in the spare tire hole but there was just a tire inflation kit in there.

Does anyone have a pic of the cover on there car, curious what it looks like so if they half to order one i know i am getting the right cover.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Its grey, folds itself into a pouch. Has "shelby" across the back and a snake on the front. Mine shipped separate from the car

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Mine came apart from the car as well. They actually had it stored in the Parts Dept and thought they hadn't received it yet. Might want to have them check that.

aksvt

Established Member
Mine came apart from the car as well. They actually had it stored in the Parts Dept and thought they hadn't received it yet. Might want to have them check that.

Yhea, thats what they told me last night that they thought parts would have it but they were closed when i got there to get the car. They haven't been able to find it today, still waiting for a call. Does the bag it comes in have a shelby logo also?

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Yhea, thats what they told me last night that they thought parts would have it but they were closed when i got there to get the car. They haven't been able to find it today, still waiting for a call. Does the bag it comes in have a shelby logo also?

Yeah, the bag does, but all of it comes in a cardboard rectangular box about 2 ft long or thereabouts.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
If you want, PM me your phone # and I'll message you 2 pics I just went and took of the bag and the box it came in. I don't have the cover on my car at the moment.

huggytree

Established Member
mine was in my trunk...what a POS

that thing appears to be designed to scratch up your car...especially the way the attached pouch sits under the cover by the trunk

it also doesn't appear to breath...all that moisture rising from the concrete will sit nicely on your car all winter

I washed mine right before storage and a month later it still had wet spots around the grill

im tossing mine and buying a better one
ill sell you mine for 1/2 price...it was only used once for 1 month

mtrsprt

Established Member

that thing appears to be designed to scratch up your car...especially the way the attached pouch sits under the cover by the trunk

it also doesn't appear to breath...all that moisture rising from the concrete will sit nicely on your car all winter

I washed mine right before storage and a month later it still had wet spots around the grill

The covers are Weathershield HP. They are very high quality covers. Breathable, water resistant, compact when stored.

aksvt

Established Member

Problem is i already paid for mine, it was ordered with the car and on the window sticker. Mine will be used more as a dust cover for winter inside storage.

nate

Established Member
I originally ordered the factory cover, but cancelled it for the Shelby covercraft one. That one is very nice, and the same price as the Ford one. Plus it comes with a duffel bag to store the cover that has "Shelby" embroidered on it. The inner material is super soft and the outer cover is almost like a soft neoprene. Definitely an interior cover. Fit is excellent and I am glad that I changed to the Shelby cover.

WP_20130418_001_zps362d8388.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

WP_20130418_002_zps65b6b4cd.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

huggytree

Established Member
its a parachute...its not soft....I don't believe it breathes at all

my other car has a super soft feel to it....and you can see all the holes in it where it can breath.......

I think the Shelby cover is more of an outdoor one to keep the rain off your car...its not what I typically see on a garage stored car....

on a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 2

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
It has worked perfectly at keeping the dust of my car while it sits in the garage. That's all I need it to do.

Blue Snake

SLACKER Poster
Established Member
It has worked perfectly at keeping the dust of my car while it sits in the garage. That's all I need it to do.
You will probably want to place some protection on the corners of your car. It will start to put small scratches in it like a fine sandpaper. My son has the same cover on his Saleen and you can see the wear spots.

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
You will probably want to place some protection on the corners of your car. It will start to put small scratches in it like a fine sandpaper. My son has the same cover on his Saleen and you can see the wear spots.

If so, that's what my Optiguard application is for.

aksvt

Established Member
OT: tyre inflation kit? Does that come as standard?

It must, I looked under the mat and there was no spare tire in the hole, just the air compressor and sealant stuff. That's just fine with me, my wife's SHO has the same setup.

BAS

Established Member
I guess mine got lost in transit :(

On the car cover- I am pretty sure that unless your car is pristine, the dust between cover and car will induce lots of spiderweb scratches.

I stopped using mine a while back

Users who are viewing this thread