Factory 1.7 rr and e cam?

#1pony

Established Member
Can I use the e cam with my factroy 1.7 roller rockers with GT40 irons? I also may put a set of eldelbrock 2:02's on it and I would use the same cam and roller rockers if possible. Thanks

#1pony

Established Member
Thanks. Would it be safe to guess that since the edelbrocks flow better than the GT40 irons it would be safe to use them?

cobra93

Established Member
I read the thread. Again, I ran both a Crane 2031 and a custom cam from Anderson with those heads for over 35,000 miles on the street. This is my experience. Now... it's been a long time... and I had one of the very first sets of TFS heads available on my Cobra. Didn't they always have the 2.02 intakes? If not, maybe that's some of the difference. Also, remember that duration plays a bigger role in getting P/V clearance than lift does.

03SonicBlueL

Established Member
Twisted Wedge heads with 2.02 valves are the only ones that will clear the pistons. They are unique as far as where the valves are located. No other head with this size valves will work with the stock pistons...

#1pony

Established Member
~Ray~ said:
2.02 valves won't clear stock pistons.

You are correct. The TW 2:02 heads are the only ones I have heard that will clear stock pistons. I had the edelbrock heads, cobra intake, e cam with 1.6 rr's on my 92 GT and I thought it ran great. Sounded hauss!! I did have to notch those pistons though. I want more power from my cobra so I figured I would use the edelbrock heads, a port matched lower intake, e cam with 1.7 rr's and see how it responded. I wasn't sure if anyone had ran 1.7's with the e cam though. Thanks.

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
my 92 gt has stock short block, e-cam, 1.7rr, gt-40 heads. its like the oldest combo going :)
made a best of 278hp and 320lbs torque. -without a chip, just fuel pressure and timing adjustments. its had this combo for like 8 years now and 60+k miles

Users who are viewing this thread