Facebook Question

02saleen

Established Member
For a class assignment we are trying to increase the number of fans of CLU Sports on Facebook. Our goal is roughly 2,000 fans! I was wondering if those of you who are Facebook can become fans an if you could ask your friends to "like" it as well! Spread the CLU spirit!

CLU Sports | Facebook

you can unlike after tuesday but PLEASE HELP :beer:

I have another thread just trying to get the word out more

Hope SVT can help me out

thanks in advance guys

s_x_i

Established Member
Well, seeing as how it's a project and you're supposed to be learning... :read:

Advertising | Facebook

Set your demographic to fans of CLU or graduates of CLU, target sporting keywords and make a big "like us" button somewhere in the leader of your page. You should set your bids in the region of 20-35 cents depending how good your ad copy and image is. HINT - cheerleader pics??

Wait 24 hours, check your reporting and narrow your demographic based on click through rate.

That - in a nutshell - is how you make a FB ads campaign work. Of course it's more complicated than that, but if you give it a try, you'll learn a lot more than just asking your buddies on message boards to "like" your page ;-)

Here ya go - try something like this...

cludemoad.jpg

Last edited:

02saleen

Established Member
I see what you mean but I do not run that page. Until last week I didn't even know it existed lol. The fan base was I believe 826 and our teacher want us to increase it by 1,000. The 1,000 divided by the total # of students is about 34 new fans per student I suggested it to all my friends now just giving it an extra push because I am sure other students forgot since it is a class thing and said the rest of the class has it covered. The assignment is only worth 15 points and the whole class gets the same grade like I said I am just doing a little extra incase others didn't. I appreciate the input and will keep it in mind for the future. unfortunately I am not tech savy :kaboom:

Now on to more serious things like studying for finals.....winter break cant come soon enough

Last edited:

FL-Orange

Almost Native
Established Member
Based on your description, that is one stupid class assignment. Big thumbs up to your teacher.....well, maybe not the thumb.

Sorry bro, not ragging on you, just your teacher.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
Well then in my opinion, your teacher is a tool. :bored:

That's not a freaking class project, that's a "utilize my authority over these kids to get my page more fans" project.

+65,000 and who the hell is CLU?

02saleen

Established Member
Thank you Julie

I see what you guys mean the class as a whole was great. She would bring in guest speakers every week from the director of ESPN Xgames to people from Populous an architecture firm specializing in sport venues like staples center etc. The actual "Project" (was done back in October)was to increase the attendance to a school sporting event which was good because every group did a different sport. This assignment I am not a fan of because it is hard to track if everyone did their part which knowing everyone in the class I am sure many didn't.

anyways the class is done with......I appreciate you all taking the time to see the thread even if you didn't like the FB page lol :beer: an happy Holidays

one class down 3 more to go

Users who are viewing this thread