Facebook Coyote pages; are they the future?

DNT H8

Established Member
What's your opinion? I have to say the activity on these multiple pages is impressive. Seems people speak (type) more freely as well, no fear of being ousted like on forums. It has made new vendors (like hypermotive for example) extremely successful fast, I have also seen a favorite tuner of ours not getting good reviews do to customer service latly. Will this new avenue make or break our venders/tuners from here on out... So far it's looking that way!

Last edited:

Sn8kebitten

Established Member
I noticed a tuner having some bad reviews on Facebook as well. Never heard a single bad thing on here before and even searched for it. Wouldn't have known if it weren't for facebook

DNT H8

Established Member
True story... I hope it's all not true or just more to it. But, seems to be from multiple people.

I have a feeling the ol timers on here will fall by the wayside? Will be interesting...

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
Facebook groups have definitely been taking a toll on internet forums for sure. We've got a motorsports forum for the southern part of our state, and due to a couple local Facebook groups it gets maybe 3 posts a day now.

But I don't see SVTP falling to this trend. Sid's commitment to tech articles and covering national events by hiring Steve as Editor In Chief is huge. Facebook groups just cannot match that. Sid and SVTP will continue to stay ahead of the curve.

cobra_4

#PITS
Established Member
I hate facebook groups and they are bad for internet forums. They are for those too lazy to use a forum IMO. I don't think they will ever kill the big forums, but they aren't good for smaller ones for sure.

Kiohtee

Established Member
They'll end up killing all the small run of the mill forums, but I don't see big forums like SVTPerformance, LS1Tech, etc. going anywhere because of them. It'd definitely pay off for active enthusiast to be members of those Facebook pages though. ;-)

Voltwings

Established Member
I got kicked out of One for suggesting people actually take the time to look for their answers before asking. It was irritating spoon feeding the numerous people that would come in, several times a day, and ask: "what intake should I get, whats the best tune, what offset for my rims, what tire," on and on and on... Most of those questions can literally be answered in a 5 minute google search if you weren't so lazy. Apparently not everyone shares the same views as me and we should just continue to use these online sources as a question banks instead of knowledge centers.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I got kicked out of One for suggesting people actually take the time to look for their answers before asking. It was irritating spoon feeding the numerous people that would come in, several times a day, and ask: "what intake should I get, whats the best tune, what offset for my rims, what tire," on and on and on... Most of those questions can literally be answered in a 5 minute google search if you weren't so lazy. Apparently not everyone shares the same views as me and we should just continue to use these online sources as a question banks instead of knowledge centers.

I'd have to side with them here. I can't stand when I see people telling others to search. I'm a searcher myself, but regardless of the topic being covered before or not, that's why online communities are there to begin with; technical advice pertaining to the topic.

If you don't wanna contribute thoughtful material to the thread/post, don't and leave it at that.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
If you like a lot of idiots posting wrong answers to questions, join a facebook forum. Good for the laughs only.

Voltwings

Established Member
I'd have to side with them here. I can't stand when I see people telling others to search. I'm a searcher myself, but regardless of the topic being covered before or not, that's why online communities are there to begin with; technical advice pertaining to the topic.

If you don't wanna contribute thoughtful material to the thread/post, don't and leave it at that.

I'm not going to argue with you, but I'm open to others opinions. In my mind it was the redundant questions that were irritating. I asked questions in those groups myself, i'm not saying you shouldn't ask questions, but there's a difference between actively looking for answers and wanting to be spoon fed.

The same problem exists in this forum. Do you know why people are too lazy to search? Because even if they try it pulls up 100 threads of people asking the same questions and very little discussion and useful information takes place over those few threads. However, when people tolerate a new post getting made every day for those same questions, that's how the useful information gets buried in the first place... its just a viscous cycle.

DNT H8

Established Member
What happened with them? I thought everyone loved his tunes?
Like 5 customer service complaints, Nothing with tunes themselves... Him being cocky, short, and moody. I've never had that issue, maybe Shaun has some personal issues; everyone is entitled to a bad day. Problem is them 5 people went to other tuners and the post had over 50 comments and still going.

I agree forums have there place and purpose which facebook can't fill. But from a sales point and word of mouth forums can't touch social media... Ever!

Last edited:

Voltwings

Established Member
I can agree with them, I felt Shaun was short and just rather impersonal in some of our emails. However, he certainly did deliver a hell of a tune and was very quick to respond with questions when I had them, and THAT is what gets lost on Facebook. This post can now be searched, brought up, cited, and referred to, whereas in Facebook it just gets buried and the passer by just sees a complaint about AED with no resolution. That kind of goes back to my initial statement that discussion and information belongs on a forum, socializing and BSing belongs on facebook.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Lol Facebook forums will only be good for quick meets and selling/buying stuff locally.

They lack searchable knowledge base to replace a fully fledged forum like this one.

Users who are viewing this thread