Facebook Contest.....

danbogart

Established Member
I've never entered one of these things and damn sure have never posted anything like this on here, but I was hoping for a little help. Bangastang is giving away some coil covers I could use so I figured what the hell.

Go Here:
Facebook - Bangastang

Click on the posts by others and give a like to the DSG put up by "Superior Stangs" and feel free to share it.

There is probably an easier way but I'm facebook retarded. Thanks for the help ya'll.

Last edited:

danbogart

Established Member
Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I felt the need to update this (and vent). I'll try to keep it short but share enough to make it relevant. *See Bottom For Cliffs*

I was entered a the photo contest put on by Banastang to win a set of coil covers (see picture below). Only one other person entered the contest (His name is Dave and I know him personally). The contest was set to end Oct 13th. I posted on their page on Oct 15th (after getting close to 200 more likes than than Dave) that I think I may have won it, to which Bangastang replied with "We'll announce today".

Well a few days go by, so on the 18th I simply asked if I missed the announcement. No Reply.

I wait a little while (Nov 8th) and posted on their page asking about a winner, and asking Dave if he heard anything, to which he said no and that I "killed" him. Please keep in mind, Dave and my photos were still up on Bangastangs page. Once again, no reply from Bangastang.

I wait even longer (Nov 18th) and finally send them a direct message:

"Hey guys, I know ya'll are probably pretty busy (modding season is here), but just curious about the photo contest that you had for the coil covers a month or so ago. I think it ended up being between myself and Dave Watson and he said he hasn't heard a winner announced either. Thanks guys."

Once again, no reply.

At this point I'm beginning to really feel like the whole contest was a joke and I was getting the run around so I sent another message (Nov 24th):

"I'm not really sure what the run around is all about, and I couldn't help but notice the pics are gone (from your page at least, see one of the screen shots below). The only other gentleman (Dave) that was in the contest I know personally, and he wasn't notified as to a winner. I really hope this isn't some shady business practice but it is really starting to seem that way sir."

I attached one of the screen shots I had taken (see below).

What do you know, I got a reply the next day:

"It was brought to our attention that Facebook made some changes that doesn't allow us to host a photo contest like we did in the past. Post of photos do not remain on our page like they did previously. Dan we can't find the photos that were posted on our Fan page to see who receive the most likes.
We've downloaded an app that is on our Facebook page that is suppose to host a photo contest. Click on the icon that reads Cobra Photo Contest and download a photo of your Cobra. Hopefully the app is working.
Dan, please accept our apology but we had no knowledge that Facebook had made changes that limited our ability to host a photo contest."

After talking to a few friends about it, that run businesses and have contests on their facebook page (they called bs on facebook removing the photos), I decided to call them.

The conversation was pretty much them reitterating that they couldn't see who won becasue the photos got pulled, but be sure to enter their next contest. I simply explained that they said they would announce a winner on the 15th and the photos were on their page for OVER A MONTH after the contest ended before they were taken down. It was a pretty pointless conversation that I didn't record, but hopefully they did and would be willing to share it on here if so.

So, I won the contest for nothing. **** Bangastang.

CLIFFS
1. Entered contest for Coil Covers (Only 1 other entry)
2. Win Contest by 200 likes.
3. They say they will announce winner. Never do.
4. Ignore every message until I call them out for being shady.
5. Claim facebook removed the photos (Were viewable for an ENTIRE month after the contest ended).
6. No coil covers, "Please enter another contest".
7. Yeah, **** off.

Bangastang4.gif

Bangastang3.gif

bangastang2-1.gif

bangastang1.gif

Clearcoat

Established Member
Our Contest

Dan,

I explained to you in our phone conversation today, what happened with our Facebook photo contest. First of all NO photos were removed from our Facebook page by any of our staff.

In the past we have had several photo contests on our Fan Page and gave away many prizes. We had been able to see all the images and see the number of likes and were able to select a winner with NO problems. Facebook has made some changes and we have not been able to see the images or the "likes". We cannot pick a winner due to the changes.

Your first reaction was the contest was bogus.....NOT TRUE. We can't pick a winner unless we see the photo and the number of likes.

We have since found an App that allows fans to download photos of their cars and people can vote on the cars. If anyone wants to upload a photo of your '03'-04 Cobra for our photo contest here's the link
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bangastang/111600098889809?fref=ts

The prize is a set of billet Coil Covers. Contest ends December 15th. The Cobra with the most "likes" wins.

Last edited:

rezarxt

free pizza man
Established Member
Thats pretty crappy. They should honor their contest if that is indeed true.

Blackedout

Established Member
Dan,

I explained to you in our phone conversation today, what happened with our Facebook photo contest. First of all NO photos were removed from our Facebook page by any of our staff.

In the past we have had several photo contests on our Fan Page and gave away many prizes. We had been able to see all the images and see the number of likes and were able to select a winner with NO problems. Facebook has made some changes and we have not been able to see the images or the "likes". We cannot pick a winner due to the changes.

Your first reaction was the contest was bogus.....NOT TRUE. We can't pick a winner unless we see the photo and the number of likes.

We have since found an App that allows fans to download photos of their cars and people can vote on the cars. If anyone wants to upload a photo of your '03'-04 Cobra for our photo contest here's the link

The prize is a set of billet Coil Covers. Contest ends December 15th. The Cobra with the most "likes" wins.

That's "ODD".... We can log in to vote and see the pics and # of votes, but you can't.... :dw:

Jack Burton

Established Member
Dan,

Did you notice the issue while the contest was going on, when the contest ended, or after more than a month of ignoring his replies?

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
Dan,

This isn't exactly how I'd imagine good customer service would handle this but whatever. And why are you trying to solicit more people to your facebook page in your post?

danbogart

Established Member
Dan,

I have spoken with SEVERAL other business owners that run photo contests on facebook and have never had facebook take down their photos. But lets say for a minute they did take down yours. Do you see the date on the screen shot with the photos of the cars still up. OCTOBER 24th. Nine days after you said you would announce a winner (see other screen shot). I wish I would have taken later screen shots as well, because apparently EVERYONE but you could see them for another THREE WEEKS after that! And really, all you had to do when you noticed there was an issue was say something. You can tell me with a straight face that you had no idea who was in the contest when you had ignored a message a week from me since the contest was over. Was it a coincidence that you responded when I sent a screen shot? :bored:

Users who are viewing this thread