F8LSNKE resets eaton record. 10.34@132

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Thanks for the compliments. The suspension is all UPR. The front is full tubular k, a arms, coilovers with lakewood 90/10's. The rear is double adj uppers with solid spherical bushings and the lowers are also adj with solid bushings. Strange adj. shocks in the rear.

What weight springs do you have on the front?

Congrats on the Bad ass time! You are def one driving MoFo! What tires were you on, and if you run on the 17"s this weekend are they the M+H's? If so, let me know how they do.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
What weight springs do you have on the front?

Congrats on the Bad ass time! You are def one driving MoFo! What tires were you on, and if you run on the 17"s this weekend are they the M+H's? If so, let me know how they do.

Thanks, 14" 175lb springs up front w/Lakewood 90/10's. I was on MT 28x10.5 slicks and yes I'll be on the 325/45/17" M&H drag radials. Why they call them 325's I don't know, more like a 275. I'll probably take my slicks too, just in case I get a good grudge race or something.:beer:

2bscrewed

Full Retard
Established Member
Thanks, 14" 175lb springs up front w/Lakewood 90/10's. I was on MT 28x10.5 slicks and yes I'll be on the 325/45/17" M&H drag radials. Why they call them 325's I don't know, more like a 275. I'll probably take my slicks too, just in case I get a good grudge race or something.:beer:

Thanks, those are the same springs I have up front.
Ya, the 325 M+H's are narrow, but the one time I took them to the track (one that never hooks for me) They out hooked my 15" MT 325 DR's. Can't wait to get my car back together to try them out even more.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks, those are the same springs I have up front.
Ya, the 325 M+H's are narrow, but the one time I took them to the track (one that never hooks for me) They out hooked my 15" MT 325 DR's. Can't wait to get my car back together to try them out even more.

That sounds good. The only thing I have done on then so far is a roll on in first and they spun, but not so bad that the car wasn't moving forward pretty decent. They seem to hook good from a 2nd gear roll. I'm sure they'll do much better with some heat in them.

94-98 Trans Am

Established Member
Thanks guys, I guess that's what 20+ yrs of nothing but manuals gets ya.:beer:

I'm gonna work on getting some in car vid. I need to get off my butt and go make the camera mount. On that pass in the vid, my mirror flew off when I hit 2nd gear and hit me in the shoulder when if flew by. It happened so fast I didn't even know what it was. It didn't break away from the windshield, it just slid off the little mount. Lol.

It sounds like a bomb goes off when u shift the 1-2..sweet. I've had the mirror fly off the mount when launching..it definately threw me off tho. It was funny more than anything.

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
That's funny. As soon as I saw the vid for the first time I figured people would think that.
The purge you hear is from the Supra running right behind me. His name is David and is friends with the guy and his wife who were filming. The Supra is sweet too, it ran 9.93 @ 139. It was his first ever 9 sec pass.

They saw the light after BROKE chimed in lol. He's a local member also.:lol: Let alone I've seen the car and watched you run.:beer:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
It sounds like a bomb goes off when u shift the 1-2..sweet. I've had the mirror fly off the mount when launching..it definately threw me off tho. It was funny more than anything.
When it happened I didn't even know what it was I was so dialed in on hitting my shift points. I do remember thinking, what the hell was that. My billet cig lighter plug always flies out, but that's down low and it was already in the back of the car from the first pass.
They saw the light after BROKE chimed in lol. He's a local member also.:lol: Let alone I've seen the car and watched you run.:beer:

I'm used to people thinking I run nitrous anyway. I used to hear the same thing with my 97 cobra too. It's kinda funny to me.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
ok gotta ask...what was done to it and how fast??

I'm assuming you're talking about the 97. Not much at all. WMS cold air kit, underdrive pulleys, timing adjuster, upr x pipe, flowmaster catback, 4.30 gear, X2C non adj control arms, rear seat delete, corbeaus, removed swaybar, removed airbags , front bumper, spare/jack and it ran mid 12's at 112 on bfg's. It probably would have been a 11.90 car on slicks. I kind of wish I would have put the effort into it that I did with this car. I outran several stock and a couple of pulley and intake terminators with it. Lol! I think with a serious effort with that car, it could have been a mid 11 sec car no problem. Oh yeah, I had also put a t-56 in it. That was the best thing I ever did to that car. The t45 was junk. That car was a sort of me stepping back from drag racing car after my last fox body that had turned into a racecar(mid 10's on motor). Lol. As you can see, I always end up going the same route in the end.:shrug:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I'm assuming you're talking about the 97. Not much at all. WMS cold air kit, underdrive pulleys, timing adjuster, upr x pipe, flowmaster catback, 4.30 gear, X2C non adj control arms, rear seat delete, corbeaus, removed swaybar, removed airbags , front bumper, spare/jack and it ran mid 12's at 112 on bfg's. It probably would have been a 11.90 car on slicks. I kind of wish I would have put the effort into it that I did with this car. I outran several stock and a couple of pulley and intake terminators with it. Lol! I think with a serious effort with that car, it could have been a mid 11 sec car no problem. Oh yeah, I had also put a t-56 in it. That was the best thing I ever did to that car. The t45 was junk. That car was a sort of me stepping back from drag racing car after my last fox body that had turned into a racecar(mid 10's on motor). Lol. As you can see, I always end up going the same route in the end.:shrug:

cool...yea all I initially wanted form my car was 11.9 on stock pulley back in '04...lol

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
cool...yea all I initially wanted form my car was 11.9 on stock pulley back in '04...lol

Well, seeing as I bought mine in Jan 06 with pulleys already on it and my first trip to the track ran 11.5 @ 120 on 18" nittos at 3860lbs, I knew I wanted to run 10's with it. I had no idea at that time that it would end up where it is now. I should have though, that's always the way it ends up with me. It has been a fun trip for the most part though. I just love to race.:burnout:

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
I just saw this. congrats man that thing is haulin for sure. Keep it up. too bad your giving in to the twin screw.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
oh and you should keep the eaton and come out here in the spring and make a few passes at altitude

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I just saw this. congrats man that thing is haulin for sure. Keep it up. too bad your giving in to the twin screw.

oh and you should keep the eaton and come out here in the spring and make a few passes at altitude

Thanks man and the TS ain't bolted on yet. It's sittin in the garage collecting dust right now. LOL!

As far as coming to Colorado. I'll drive a good ways for a timeslip, but not for a slower one. Lol. I have run in some pretty crappy weather this past summer, but I doubt it was anything like that 8000ft stuff y'all have.:beer:

If I come to Colorado, it will be to ski, not race.:rockon:

Robz

Established Member
Thanks man and the TS ain't bolted on yet. It's sittin in the garage collecting dust right now. LOL!

As far as coming to Colorado. I'll drive a good ways for a timeslip, but not for a slower one. Lol. I have run in some pretty crappy weather this past summer, but I doubt it was anything like that 8000ft stuff y'all have.:beer:

If I come to Colorado, it will be to ski, not race.:rockon:

Awesome runs bro! I'm a 6 speed myself.
See how low you can go without that spray!
I have a house in the Colorado Rockies, but I'm smart enough to leave my car home in NJ :-D.
Bandimere(sp?), no thanks. lol

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Awesome runs bro! I'm a 6 speed myself.
See how low you can go without that spray!
I have a house in the Colorado Rockies, but I'm smart enough to leave my car home in NJ :-D.
Bandimere(sp?), no thanks. lol

Thanks bro, I've been keeping up with your car. That thing is sick and I'm not gonna put any gas on mine. I thought about it, but changed my mind. I'm with ya on Bandimere. I'm not interested in making things any tougher, it's bad enough racing here in the summer.:beer:

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
oh you guys are wimps.... lol it's not that bad. only lose about a second off your time. :)

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread