F8LSNAKE wins streettire shootout.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Heres a vid and a few pics from the Macon National Dragway's streettire shootout. Rules were Dot tires, tagged, insured and all working street equipment. This race was heads up, pro tree run in a hotlap format. No cooldown whatsoever between rounds. I ran in the 6.80/6.90 range(1/8 mile) in the hot/humid conditions to win this race. Out of all the cars in it only 3 were actually driven to the track, mine, a 02 Z06 with cams/exhaust/nitrous and a C6 vette that was supercharged. All the rest were trailored there. Anyway, here's the vid and pics.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHLB0WQq4vo"]YouTube - F8LSNAKE[/ame]
20fw308.jpg

Burnout pic, notice the water beads on car from the earlier rain.
2qx5fma.jpg

Pullin the tire on DOT's. How bout them spares up front! Lol.
2roop5e.jpg

The payday.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
Thats freaking sweet dude! I always love to see vidoes of your car and almos and others with bare mods.... you spraying? just ported eaton? just stock eaton? I can not remember exactly

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks guys, just tryin to represent the cobra community every chance I get. I won a 5-speed class race a few weeks back at US19 dragway too. Pretty much the same rules as this one, but had to be a manual. I've been havin a blast despite the bad luck of a Bogart breaking and me practically ripping off my front clip lately. This heat is slowing it down a little, but everyone races in the same conditions so I can't complain.

03cobrarocks, it's a ported eaton with no nitrous. At least no nitrous yet. I think next time they have this race 6.90's ain't gonna cut it. I'm thinking of adding a little shot for when the big guns show up.

rtusnake

Established Member
Congrats man. You have the car setup right. Sucks about the bogart. Seems to be a somewhat common thing with them.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
If you click on the middle vid under the main one you can see me in the 5-speed race at US19. Listen to the guy early in the vid say he's got the red car. The red car in the vid had won that race the last 3 times they had it. I put him out in the first round. I doubt they underestimate me next time though. Somebody told me they were spraying a 250 shot on a 347, but I don't know.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Congrats man. You have the car setup right. Sucks about the bogart. Seems to be a somewhat common thing with them.

Yeah and it was sitting still when it cracked. It has about a 9 1/2" long crack in the barrell portion of the rim. I just put some 17" Alumastars on it today though. No more spacers. Yippee!:banana: They aren't as light with the radial on them, but they sure are purdy. Lol.

SVTkel

SVTKel
Established Member
Awesome, good job. I had heard about people using the spares up front to drag race.

1.8t

Established Member
What was your mph?? It doesn't really seem like this heat slows you down that much at all. My car feels down 50hp(literally) when its 90deg vs 70deg

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
What was your mph?? It doesn't really seem like this heat slows you down that much at all. My car feels down 50hp(literally) when its 90deg vs 70deg

100 to 101, but it usually traps 103 in good air. I ran the quarter a few weeks ago in 95 degree heat and went 10.65@129 on the DOT tires.

Thanks for all the compliments guys.:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread