F1x Procharged Mach 1

I8URLS1

Established Member
sick car. its so clean...so clean i thought the first picture was fake lol. who ported the sullivan for you? ive been searching for places to do one myself. Thanks

I actually bought it already ported, it is more so just gasket matched they didn't go all the way into the runners.

is the blower sucking in air that has passed through from the radiator? any issues or concerns with IATs? i would think that the air would be heated up by being passed through the radiator and coolant first.

No it's not, the radiator has a shroud on it and also the radiator is "tipped" forward so there is about 5-6" of room between the front of the blower and the shroud. My IAT's stay pretty low so far.

I want to hear that procharger whistle and whine damnit. Nice car OP. We need video!

I need to hear what a cog driven F1x sounds like.

Honestly the F1x is quieter than my d1sc or f1a. However with twin tial 50s dumping air there is nothing sleeper about the car. The blower still makes noise but it's not as loud as the other two blowers were.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Here's a vid of a 2nd gear hit a few weeks ago. This is still with the wastegate wide open and timing is very conservative. My buddy was chasing me in his 17 Grandsport Vette

The Mongoose

Established Member
Really nice build you did sir. The setup looks clean and the car sounds killer. I can only imagine what it sounds like in person. I'd love to eventually put a Procharger on my setup.

I8URLS1

Established Member
Had found an old thread on a few other forums where a guy named "little mags" had built a custom one off crank support for his F1a car. Well I got in touch with him about building another one and about 2 weeks later he hit me up saying he was switching up his car and would sell me his. I'm having to build some spacers to space out the power steering pump (possibly the AC) and will have to come up with a belt that will work. But man am I glad to have gotten this thing.

Crank%20support%20installed_zpsvqqhmt58.jpg

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
Nice car! I sure hope that cog drive setup is better than the Procharger one! I had an F1A on my car and when I pulled it off the balancer had a hairline crack through it. I guess I should have double keyed the crank!

I8URLS1

Established Member
Nice car! I sure hope that cog drive setup is better than the Procharger one! I had an F1A on my car and when I pulled it off the balancer had a hairline crack through it. I guess I should have double keyed the crank!

In the balancer or the crank itself? And it's not uncommon on these cars to damage the crank snout with a cog drive, whole reason I wanted to put a support on mine. Especially with the F1x it's capable of making a LOT of power in comparison to an F1a or F1r.

The guy I bought the support from ran the same cog setup as me for 6 years on his car but with an F1a, crank was still good as new when he pulled it all apart.

95YellowGTBeast

LS7killr
Established Member
In the balancer or the crank itself? And it's not uncommon on these cars to damage the crank snout with a cog drive, whole reason I wanted to put a support on mine. Especially with the F1x it's capable of making a LOT of power in comparison to an F1a or F1r.

The guy I bought the support from ran the same cog setup as me for 6 years on his car but with an F1a, crank was still good as new when he pulled it all apart.

The Balancer itself was actually cracked and it was an ATI balancer.

I8URLS1

Established Member
The Balancer itself was actually cracked and it was an ATI balancer.

Yeah that likely has to do with the crank snout flexing, the snout on these motors is definitely the weak point when it comes to these cog setups. And with mine being a 6 speed car I wanted to make sure and give it as much help as possible so I run the super sprag upper pulley and wanted a crank support on it as well.

Blackedout

Established Member
Yeah that likely has to do with the crank snout flexing, the snout on these motors is definitely the weak point when it comes to these cog setups. And with mine being a 6 speed car I wanted to make sure and give it as much help as possible so I run the super sprag upper pulley and wanted a crank support on it as well.

How do you like the sprang... any issues with going in and out of boost ??? Any lag to it ???

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Here's a vid of a 2nd gear hit a few weeks ago. This is still with the wastegate wide open and timing is very conservative. My buddy was chasing me in his 17 Grandsport Vette
WOW!!!
Now this is how you do a build! Killer car man. You shot like a bat out of hell in this video. Kudos.

I8URLS1

Established Member
How do you like the sprang... any issues with going in and out of boost ??? Any lag to it ???

No issues with it at all to this point. Spoke to a few other guys that have run them for years and been very happy with them. Being a stick shift car I felt it was critical as well as the crank support.

I8URLS1

Established Member
WOW!!!
Now this is how you do a build! Killer car man. You shot like a bat out of hell in this video. Kudos.

haha thank you! What's ironic is the car isn't even close to being at it's full potential in that video. I think we will actually have to "limit" the power with my current bottom end probably somewhere between 1050-1100whp

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
haha thank you! What's ironic is the car isn't even close to being at it's full potential in that video. I think we will actually have to "limit" the power with my current bottom end probably somewhere between 1050-1100whp
Awesome man, awesome!

I8URLS1

Established Member
Crank support is installed, this support was never made to run with AC and power steering but we made it work! My buddy had to space out the PS pump and then we added a manual tensioner to pull the belt away from the bracket for the crank support. Hopefully I don't have to change a serpentine belt anytime soon!

We also added a pin the the crank (basically a 2nd keyway).

Crank%20support%20installed%203_zps5fdbw0ds.jpg

Crank%20support%20installed%202_zpswnzxpff0.jpg

Crank%20pinned_zpskibfxw3k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread