F1a on terminator belt slip issues need help!!

BIGBRAND0105

Established Member
Hello guys I have a 04 Terminator with a Procharger F1A on it. The blower is the passanger side mounted kit with the standard 6 rib set up. I have a 4.10" pulley on the head unit but am noticing some major belt slip. When the car was tuned with a new belt i was seeing around 20 psi now a year and maybe 200 miles later I only see about 12 lbs after shifting into 2nd gear. I really do not want to spend the money on a COG kit and I have heard it is hard on the crank with a manual car, Is there any truth to that? Has anybody switched over to 8 rib? I called Procharger and they said my only option is to go with a COG set up. Just looking for options, I think GI Joe offers a kit but cannot seem to get ahold of him and I did find a link on another site that lists the pully sizes needed from a F150 to convert to 8 rib. Any thoughts or solutions are welcomed!!!

Thanks

gqneon

Established Member
Could you have a stretched belt already or even a worn out tensioner/s? I have no experience with COG drive but have had one other blower car that was shared drive 6-rib and I had nothing but problems (slip/stetch/squeal/squeaks from tensioners). This time, even with WAY less blower than that monster you've got there, I went dedicated 8-rib and a large blower pulley to minimize my chances with slip. I'm not sure how involved your 8-rib switch would be, but it sure wouldn't hurt things any if you have the means to make it happen. The more bite, the better, but others might have a completely different POV on this.

1996MysticSnake

Established Member
Get a thump racing tensioner and make sure your belt is getting good wrap on all the pullies. Just because it fits doesn't mean it's correct

BIGBRAND0105

Established Member
I would love to. Cannot seem to buy just the COG drive kit from procharger. Their suggestion was to but the whole kit and sell the headunit. Have not been able to locate one anywhere else.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
the GI Joe 8rib kit is a joke anyway, it had all the right pullies but did NOT line up my D1 correctly

if the thump tensioner is the same single bolt as like on a mach 1, make sure the pulley doesnt wobble, had to send one back that had a nasty wobble to it, rubbed the timing cover up real good

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
I just switched to the 8rib set up with a reichard racing adjustable ac delete pulley and fleet runner belt and it seems like it will hold up fine with my f1

Helomech74

Established Member
I just switched to the 8rib set up with a reichard racing adjustable ac delete pulley and fleet runner belt and it seems like it will hold up fine with my f1

Are you running a front sway bar? If so, did you have issues with the RR AC delete setup hitting the sway bar? I have the same thing and had to remove the sway bar since the pulley, mount and adjusting bolt were hitting the sway bar.

99cobra09

"Stock Car"
Established Member
Are you running a front sway bar? If so, did you have issues with the RR AC delete setup hitting the sway bar? I have the same thing and had to remove the sway bar since the pulley, mount and adjusting bolt were hitting the sway bar.

I am not running a sway bar but it would seem to me that it would not interfere. That's weird, maybe try a shorter belt so that you dont tension the belt when the rr pulley is fully expanded.

01yellercobra

Established Member
You need an 8 rib set up to run the F1A. That's a lot of blower for 6 ribs. And get the Thump tensioner as well. I made 19psi on my set up with no belt slip.

Helomech74

Established Member
I am not running a sway bar but it would seem to me that it would not interfere. That's weird, maybe try a shorter belt so that you dont tension the belt when the rr pulley is fully expanded.

Yeah, that still wouldn't help as the sway bar still hits the mount that pulley slides on. I'll figure something out.

procharged 99

Established Member
mofobucs I had custom bracket and pro charger kit made for my F1c.. I'm also running a double keyed crank.

I thought a double keyed crank weakened the crank snout even more.

Helomech74

Established Member
I thought a double keyed crank weakened the crank snout even more.

On a stock modular crank it does. The snout is already too small, that coupled with the undercut fillet right before the oil pump flats makes the stock snout of the crank weak. Adding the extra key only makes matters worse as it removes more material. I would just add a full length single key, do the stud mod on the crank snout and call it good.

triple-s

Established Member
Running a six rib setup on my 2v and F1a I always had belt slip. I ended carbonite coating the pulley and bought a thump RRR belt tensioner and never had belt slip again. BTW I'm selling the thump RRR belt tensioner cause I don't have that car anymore if your interested?

MOTOWN M

Established Member
You would be better off with the 96-98 cobra timing cover it uses a 3 bolt tensioner, it has much better belt wrap, and the 3 bolt tensioner works much better than the single bolt , ive had both.

Users who are viewing this thread