F150 vs. Ferrari 458 Italia 1-0

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
This is a bad situation for both drivers.

From teh walk around this is what I caught. The F-150's orientation would have put it exiting off street (though I didn't see cross-road). The Ferrari's orientation and position places it in travel without any traffice control measures in place.

Without a police report, if I was the claim rep on this incident I would definitely find the F150 liable. Again though there's a lot more to it. Comparative negligence can come into play if speeds are determined to be above lawful etc. However, without either vehicle displaying skid marks, my guess is that speeds were relatively low.

Now here's the real problem. I can guarantee you the pickup is not insured properly for that type of accident. The vast majority of insured motorists on the road carry minimum coverage, which in many states is 25,000 vehicle and 50,000 property.

What this leaves is a case where the insurance company for the pickup will pay up to the maximum of that person's insurance, leaving the owner of the Ferrari (or rather his insurance company) to pick up the rest of the tab.

This creates two situations.

First, if the Ferrari owner has an uninsured/underinsured rider on the policy (which he should given the value of the car) that will kick in and pay the rest of the damages or replacement. That insurance company will then subrogate against the driver of the pickup directly.

If the Ferrari owner doesn't have uninsured/underinsured, his insurance can still pickup the rest of the tab, but he takes it in the rear on a rate hike through his own insurance company.

Either way, I can almost guarantee you that the driver of the pickup is going to be sued by either the Ferrari owner, but more than likely, his insurance company.

Sad times.

blk96SVT

Established Member
sucks for the guy but seems to be a prick.

Come on now. Someone pulls out in front of you driving your car and you are going to be calm as can be?!? The guy seems to be wealthy enough to purchase a Ferrari, but it still would suck if the car was a 2011 Honda Civic that got ran over.

7.62x51

Established Member
ford.gif

Huachipato

Screaming '04
Established Member
I bet the Ferrari driver honked and saw the F150 driver pulling out of the lot, and tried to move around him, but the F150 guy just kept on coming out - almost as if he didn't see him at all.

Couple things I noticed - the F150 does have some damage. Look at driver side fog light area on bumper - it is pushed in.

Also to note, the Ferrari has the engine in the back - so it potentially may be a new hood, a couple of radiators and some suspension and body work. I think all the main components of the car are alright since they are located behind the driver for the most part.

cobrajma

heh,heh, he said "member"
Established Member
I bet the Ferrari driver honked and saw the F150 driver pulling out of the lot, and tried to move around him, but the F150 guy just kept on coming out - almost as if he didn't see him at all.

^^^This....

F8L BYT

Established Member
What really sucks is in the future when he goes to sell it, nobody is going to want a Ferrari with a previous accident when they can buy another one without it ha He better keep the car for life

NastyNate420

Established Member
Passing on the left on double yellow line ..... looks like the F150 might luck out!
I wonder how my wrangler on 33s would look on a Ferrari!

NateV8

Established Member
Look at all the retards in here saying the Ferarri driver is a douche. :rollseyes

The guy's $300,000 Ferrari JUST got ran over.

He is ON THE PHONE when some idiot comes up in his face to give him a f-cking interview and interrupt his phone call.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to be taking about his favorite car with some complete stranger pointing a camera in his face.

The real douche here is the asshole with the camera.

ford_racer

King of SVTP
Established Member
Look at all the retards in here saying the Ferarri driver is a douche. :rollseyes

The guy's $300,000 Ferrari JUST got ran over.

He is ON THE PHONE when some idiot comes up in his face to give him a f-cking interview and interrupt his phone call.

Pretty sure he doesn't want to be taking about his favorite car with some complete stranger pointing a camera in his face.

The real douche here is the asshole with the camera.

It's being speculated that the Ferrari driver tried to pass in a no passing zone. If that's true, then he's a douche, camera in his face or not.

Users who are viewing this thread