F150 02 sensors on 03/04 cobra

Sl0w7pt3

Established Member
I tried searching and no luck. I was wondering if anyone has used f150 primary O2 sensors. My car currently has kooks long tubes and I was told by my tuner not to use 02 extensions to use f150 02's because they are longer. Does anyone have the part number to these 02's. I tried the dealership but they need vin number and all the crazy bs. Thanks in advance.

Sl0w7pt3

Established Member
i currently have extensions on there for the two front (primary) 02's but Ive had issues with them. i have 3 codes P0152 P2197, P2198. he said it could be the extensions causing this.

hotcobra03

Established Member
There have been times where the harnesses have been pinned wrong..

gray, green and black are easy to follow sometimes 2 white wires are used..

they are just wires but must be pinned properly

fwiw. All 3 codes are h2o 21...driver front

Last edited:

TXEnginerd

Established Member
Something else to consider... some of the O2 sensor related parameters need to be changed in the tune if you have aftermarket headers. You basically tell the PCM to factor in more delay when using the O2 sensor data since they are further from the heads than they are in their stock position. I can't say this would cause the codes you are seeing but I have adjusted these parameters in my tune and I have no issues with extenders for my front sensors and LTs.

WMD

Established Member
I and others I know have used Ford sensor: 5C5Z-9F472-BA with good results on our long tube headers. These O2's have a long tail. Your tuner just has to account for the time delay for the O2 sensor placement on the long tube.

Sl0w7pt3

Established Member
Thanks for the info I found out that I could use 02 sensors out of a 99+ f250 with Triton v10 the wires are 12.5+ in length. no need for extensions.

Users who are viewing this thread