F1 vs Moto GP.. Awesome show

speeddemon2000

Established Member
Very cool. Pretty Much what I expected. 152 MPH in the quarter for the formula one car that's interesting. Also you can purchase a s1000RR that's pretty close in power to that moto gp bike. I think with mods you can get 200 to the wheels out of those. So a bike that's almost streetable vs a car that needs a tractor trailer to get it to run.

Last edited:

Coiled03

Established Member
Not sure why anyone would be surprised. Downforce is a helluva thing. All that, and DC was running full wet tires on a dry track. If he'd have run slicks it would've been even crazier.

For a more fair comparison, IMHO, watchthis one:

[video]https://youtu.be/jN8oLNRpqMk[/video]

Last edited:

Pnsh3r

Established Member
amazing video. Reminded me alot of the Top Gear episodes of the past... Great camera work, and watching true gear heads and racing legends go at it was pure awesome.

DirtyD916

SVT Based God
Established Member
Not a MotoGP bike, but still very fast. This BMW is equivalent to a WSBK Superbike, but far from the prototype nature of a true MotoGP bike.

159mph for the F1 seems pretty decent considering the shit launch. Road and Track actually tested one of the Jaguar V10 F1 cars from around 02-04 and I believe it ran 9.8 @ 180mph in their test.

MG01GT

Established Member
Not a MotoGP bike, but still very fast. This BMW is equivalent to a WSBK Superbike, but far from the prototype nature of a true MotoGP bike.

159mph for the F1 seems pretty decent considering the shit launch. Road and Track actually tested one of the Jaguar V10 F1 cars from around 02-04 and I believe it ran 9.8 @ 180mph in their test.

I agree.... Ive had a BMW S1000RR and trust while its a land missile, it still would not even come close to a motoGP bike. Most of those bikes are sitting north of 250 and weigh next to nothing. However the same can be said for the F1 car and its power to weight ratio... just straight up nasty!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread